For players,best playing fields;
Altoona(turf)
Tyrone
Bellwood
BEA
For Fans(facilities,bathrooms,etc)
Altoona,Tyrone,B-A,Bedford,CC

WORST Fields;
1.H-don(field is underwater every time the river goes up,and is uneven,and full of gopher holes)
2.So. H-don-the rock pile
3.GH Miller stadium- stole University of Florida's home monniker"the swamp"

Worst Facilities;
1.Bellefonte-Don't take kids there under 10;the bleachers are a DEATHtrap on the visitors side.
2.Westmont-place isn't that bad if you only bring 50 fans with you
3.P-O- can't see a thing from the visitors side over the team;bleachers,like Westmont,only 6 or 7 rows of 'em.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Sp0rty8316
Sophomore
Sophomore

ummm....

Post by Sp0rty8316 »

I was just joking about Claysburg’s football fields… not exactly the nicest field out there…
Obsessed is the word, lazy people use for the dedicated.....
Volleyball Rules
Freddy C
Senior
Senior

Post by Freddy C »

Looking at the whole package: team locker rooms, concessions, bleachers, field......probably has to go to Bellwood
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Worst field I have EVER played on is Clarion University. Absolute joke!
SC21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SC21 »

memorial feild (SC) would be nice would it not be for the suckiness of its bleachers, because the new turf is the most comfortable thing ever to fall on, mansion park has the overall best bleachers and scoreboard and stuff, the feild there sucks soooo much, i am a fan of chestnut ridges overall look.
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the one on the front, unless its an Altoona jersey. Then neither name is important
Bdfrd335
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Bdfrd335 »

I think you should re-evaluate how you judge a field.. "it feels nice to fall on"... hmmmm...
SC21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SC21 »

bedford, what else are you going to judge on if your judging the surface only? especially if its a brand new artificial turf surface? you want me to make a note of whether the color of it is green enough or what?
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the one on the front, unless its an Altoona jersey. Then neither name is important
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i think what he meant was something like this.....a trampoline feels nice to fall on, but would you want to play football on it? no! theres many more aspects that determine the quality of a field...thickness, drainage, levelness, how well it can hold up to the wear and tear of a football game....so saying a field is good simply because its nice to fall on, doesnt really mean a thing.
STRAIGHT
SC21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SC21 »

take a dive on the turf at mansion park and then take one on a grassy-turf or well-maintained grass surface, and then tell me it doesn't make a difference.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i never said it doesnt make a difference, i just said theres more to a great field than just how soft it is....i know that just about every team in district 6 sets its seasons goal to play at Mansion Park...simply because that means they made it to the finals, atmosphere can make for a great stadium. as horrible as forest hills' field is, i would have to say its probly the best place to see or watch a football game around, just because the atmosphere is second to none there.
STRAIGHT