nicest stadiums/fields in the county

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
SC21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SC21 »

i was judging on playing surface only. i agree, altoona is a great place to place, minus the track, i find it kind of annoying.
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the one on the front, unless its an Altoona jersey. Then neither name is important
kgun5469
Freshman
Freshman

Post by kgun5469 »

I have been on them all. Quite frankly, Mansion Park is the nicest, just because of the turf and the great lighting. However NBC has by far the nicest natural surface field in the entire, Bedford, Huntingdon, and Blair counties. I will put their field in comparison with some of the nicer college fields in the state.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

kgun5469.... :lol: :lol: :lol: you don't get out of Bedford County much do you
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
BOSSHOGG
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BOSSHOGG »

I'll second that one old school. As nice as there field looks from the bleachers the seams in the new sod that was rolled out were nasty on that grand opening night. Now having said that I would think it will be much better this year having had a chance to freeze and then thaugh together. Lights were pretty good but not exceptional. How is that track problem comming?
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

nbc's field reminds me of central cambrias...only with drainage...the grass is sod, its not planted, so its gonna tear up and be total crap. but its nice while it lasts.
STRAIGHT
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

WOw gunner I didnt realize that you were now an expert on fields and surfaces? Your wealth of knowledge just keeps amazing me.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Gummer kind of reminds me of my ole "uncle one better". My cousins and I call him that because he always has a story better than yours or has expert knowledge on all subjects!
"I'm your huckleberry"
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

Northern Bedford used to have an employee like that....so did Warren High and currently somewhere else.
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

ha, ha, ha YOU guys are too much!!
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

sounds too me like u guys are just a bunch of grown men that r scared that a kid has as much knowledge if not more, than u do, its pretty sad actually...sorry if i have an opinion about everything (and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know about naturally grown grass compared to sod, seriously, the stuff i spurt off isnt all that impressive, its just everyday crap that the average educated sports fan should know)
STRAIGHT