Lebron James: Great player but terrible leader

The name says it all!
west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Lebron James: Great player but terrible leader

Post by west33 »

And I agree with sayoww. Lebron is a class act player, great father, does a lot for communities, and never gets in trouble. Why the hate!!! And I disagree with Konjo to say he isn’t the greatest because he scored zero points in ot. Didn’t he score 51 before ot?? He hit guys with wide open shots and they couldn’t hit. Same as the game two 4th quarter, he hit guys again and they couldn’t score. He is a team player and can’t score every point. Hell Jordan never did that and he went back to the bulls who won 50 plus games without him when he went to baseball. That bulls team was great. Jordan came back to a stacked team and was the icing on the cake to help them win 3 championships when he came back. You take lebron off his team, they don’t make playoffs!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

They would make playoffs and lebron CRAFTED THE TEAM HIMSELF!!!!

Calling lebron a good teammate is like calling water dry... It just isnt true
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Unless you’re in that locker room or on that bench, you really have NO idea what kind of teammate LeBron James is.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I think any teammate throwing his other teammates under the bus publicly is a pretty shitty teammate, which he has done since this weekend.

How many players have gone through/left cleveland since he came back with rumors of lebron being the reason they left. Kyrie Irving demanded a trade to get away from him after making 3 straight finals.

Also like i said we got a look inside the huddle going into OT game 1. His teammates tried to communicate and he ignored him then flipped out when he discovered they had a time-out to use.

I still stand by, and no one wants to acknowledge it, that if we saw a local athlete act that way most would want him to be benched. Somehow its okay a 30 plus yeat old man can act that way and be okay????
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

You just kinda like to be the Skip Bayless of this website. Whatever happened isn't really a big deal.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean I would say it was... 0 points in OT, lackluster game 2. Lebron has been known to quit on his teams when he feels they will not win. If they get swept it will be easy to go back at that moment and wonder how that moment effected the team.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It probably did affect that particular game, but unlikely the series. The Warriors are just that much better than the Cavaliers. Not much LeBron can do to change that. His best Finals game in his career still only warranted a tie through regulation. So the baseline for the Cavs to win is him scoring more than 51 points, and having 8 rebounds and assists.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Idk if thats the base. I personally would love lebron to play some better defense. I know there are 3-4 quality scorers on GS but there used to be a time James would shut down the opponents top scorer.

Where his jump shot has improved tremendously from Miami days his defense has almost gone away. Would love to see him 1 on 1 with durant all night, take that avenue away.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

LeBron is 33 with a lot of mileage. When you play in eight straight finals you are playing a lot of basketball.

Please don’t compare pros to high school athletes.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

knowitall wrote:LeBron is 33 with a lot of mileage.  When you play in eight straight finals you are playing a lot of basketball.

Please don’t compare pros to high school athletes.
You are right. I would expect pros to be acting more mature and not like a kid in middle school! Glad you finally understand