Lebron James: Great player but terrible leader

The name says it all!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Lebron James: Great player but terrible leader

Post by knowitall »

Not me. I see how adults act when playing in beer leagues or watching their kids play. LeBron is playing for an NBA Championship and possibly becoming the greatest player of all time
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Greatest player of all time... not after tonight. Slipping out of the top 5 very very quickly
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

lol. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean my top 5 in no order at the moment is Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Chamberlain and Kobe
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Kobe was a great leader
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I'm surprised anyone under 30 even considers Wilt. Yes, the game's changed, but talents haven't. Just consider if the 3 pt. shot had never been implemented.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

It's hard for me to rank anyone who played before 1980 as that was before my time.  I would think at the very least Bill Russell belongs in a Top Five.  Jordan, Russell, James, Johnson, Jabbar, Bird, Chamberlain, Bryant, Durant, Duncan.  This list seems to discriminate against the second half of the alphabet.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Yeah it's just hard for me to judge guys before my time fully, but when I look at LeBron and KD and probably Michael Jordan and Kobe too, I think they would be one of the top 2-3 players in the league at any point of the league's history. I have doubts anyone else can make that claim.

Would Magic Johnson be good right now in today's NBA? Sure. All-Star? Probably. Top five player in the league? I don't really think so.

Would Wilt Chamberlain still be great in today's NBA? I think. Would he dominate like he did in his time? No. Why? Every team in the league has multiple guys his size that could matchup with him.

So I think it's tough to gauge for me. But from a physical standpoint, there's never been a player as good at the game of basketball as LeBron James. If you want to call Jordan a greater player, I can see where people get that notion also. A whole generation was raised on MJ being larger than life. He was a special figure, he had a mystique about him. But if you gave me one player from all-time to start a historical franchise, I'd take LeBron James. I wouldn't even think twice about it.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

The only reason why I wouldnt take lebron first would be how his teams always end up looking after a few years. Whether its original Cleveland run, miami run and now this cleveland run James's teams have always ended up being him with a bunch of 3 point shooters who are bad defensively. I don't think thats the system I would personally ever want. Plus youd lose lebron after a few seasons when he goes to a team with 2 or more all stars

If I had to pick right now my first, it would be jordanm
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Yes, LeBron typically has bad supporting casts besides the three years in Miami, I agree.