Lebron James: Great player but terrible leader

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Lebron James: Great player but terrible leader

Post by konjo78 »

His first 3 years back in cleveland was pretty superb too....

I think this current team is slightly underrated too. Theyll even make playoffs next year if lebron leaves
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I doubt it, and I doubt they’ll even try. They should try to start over if LeBron leaves. They have a few good young pieces, and a top 10 pick.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I assume theyll keep hood, hill, love and thompson. Those 4 and a top 10 pick should make playoffs in the east.

In some ways Lebrons iso offense hurts players like hill and hood more than a traditional offense.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Hill has been really bad in the Finals. I don’t know if I’d keep him. I’d try to unload Love for a draft pick and a younger player.

Could they make the playoffs in the East? Maybe they sneak in as an 8 seed. But what’s the point? They aren’t going anywhere with that roster.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The 76ers GM resigned today.  Will LeBron be named as his replacement Saturday?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I think LeBron and Ben Simmons would have a tough time coexisting. They play too similar roles, and both need the ball a lot to be at their best. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I think LeBron is too old for the 76ers. He should stay in Cleveland.

The problem with Simmons is he can't shoot.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Top 5 places for lebron.

1. Cleveland - Till the best chance if you just day singular team but my % is about 30%

2. Houston - I would put this about 20%

3. Lakers - 15%

4. Philly 15%

5. Golden State 10%
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Cleveland can't sign a max player, and Cleveland can't beat Golden State as they are currently constructed. LeBron is 34, I don't think he's going to spend a year in a place where he can't win.

Philly is interesting, Embiid is good, Simmons is good, Saric is good. They're pretty good as is, LeBron puts them into the championship. And those guys are all better than Love, Hill, and JR Smith.

He could go to LA and team up with Paul George. They have good young pieces hanging around also.

Houston would be cool, I don't know how Harden would really feel about it. Chris Paul and LeBron are really good buddies. They'd like playing together.

Cleveland would have to get creative to get another quality player on the team, they just don't have enough right now.

My pick might be......Boston. That would require to trade Kyrie back to Cleveland. But LeBron with that team, they beat the Warriors.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

knowitall wrote:It's hard for me to rank anyone who played before 1980 as that was before my time.  I would think at the very least Bill Russell belongs in a Top Five.  Jordan, Russell, James, Johnson, Jabbar, Bird, Chamberlain, Bryant, Durant, Duncan.  This list seems to discriminate against the second half of the alphabet.
Jerry West.  John Havlicek.  Julius Erving.  George Gervin.  Nate Archibald.  Earl Monroe.  Walt Frazier.  Dave Bing.  If I thought long and hard, I could round out a top 20 to give any post-80's group a run for their money.
It ain't over until it's over.