Re: Predict the College Football Playoff

Post by KirkHerbstreit »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
KirkHerbstreit wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson
Georgia
Jimbo with the amount of delusional tweets you post and the threads posted on 247 sports about your optimism, I can’t believe you do not think Pitt will be in the CFP.  You disappoint me. 
Maybe someone is impersonating me on 247 sports. I’ve never been on the site.  I wouldn’t put it past a PSU fan to do something like that though. 
No someone posts Your delusional thoughts and many others on the site.  It’s comedic relief.  By the sounds of it, any thing less than 10 wins this year for pitt will be shocking 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

KirkHerbstreit wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:
KirkHerbstreit wrote: Jimbo with the amount of delusional tweets you post and the threads posted on 247 sports about your optimism, I can’t believe you do not think Pitt will be in the CFP.  You disappoint me. 
Maybe someone is impersonating me on 247 sports. I’ve never been on the site.  I wouldn’t put it past a PSU fan to do something like that though. 
No someone posts Your delusional thoughts and many others on the site.  It’s comedic relief.  By the sounds of it, any thing less than 10 wins this year for pitt will be shocking 
Ah ok. I thought you meant someone was using my name as a screen name. 
It’s kinda weird how obsessed PSU guys are obsessed with what I have to say. But not really. Most PSU fans typically like me since I’m not like Dokish. 
KirkHerbstreit
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KirkHerbstreit »

Jimmy....Like 2016?  Lol.  It’s a completely different situation.  Pitt fans have really set themselves up for disappointment this season.  It’s going to be similar or worse than last season.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Haha it's all good, just glad we have some guys subscribing to the site from State College. I don't really care to get in the Pitt/PSU arguments as much anymore. It's all good, just excited for football to start. 
KirkHerbstreit
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KirkHerbstreit »

I’m glad he does. Some of the stuff he finds on that board is full of delusion and separated from reality. It’s literally hilarious
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

The board, or any board on the internet has it's crazy people. I spend a lot of the time talking people off a ledge. I don't even believe what I read half the time - sometimes all you can do is laugh.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Penn State is not starting a new secondary.  They return both corners.  John Reid didn't play at all last year with a torn ACL in spring camp but he was on many preseason all big ten ballets before his injury.  Amani Oruwariye is the other corner who played almost every snap last year and has been placed on the preseason B1G all-American 1st team.  Penn State has the deepest WR room in the country.  Hamilton's loss doesn't one bit concern me.  My concerns are the TE, LB, and S depth.  Manny Bowen being back on the roster helps alleviate some of those concerns.  I'm not guaranteeing a PSU win at Pitt but picking Pitt is a BOLD, BOLD, BOLD prediction.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I'm not really picking Pitt outright, either. I'm just saying if Pitt is going to beat Penn State, I think catching them in early September at home is probably their best chance, Penn State is not a team you'd want to see in November or something like that if you are Pitt.

PSU was good in 2016, but it took a while to get going. PSU was good in 2017, and they were good from the onset. I think PSU has to replace a few key things, and they have the talent to do it, but I think they won't be rolling like they were last season, at least not right away.

So to play devil's advocate, if Pitt is going to win the game I think those are some of the few advantages they have over PSU.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Early in the season, I think experienced offensive line play and a veteran QB is a huge advantage. Pitt will not have the advantage in either of those categories. Let's also remember it won't be a daunting environment considering the crowd will probably be 60/40 PSU fans :).
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Yeah, Pitt has a lot of question marks this season, and they had a lot of question marks in 2016 too. The only sure things they had were probably the offensive line, Ejuan Price, and Jordan Whitehead.

I think the only sure thing they have is that the defense will be improved, but given where it's been for the past three seasons that's not saying much.

Franklin has recruited very well for 3-4 years now and they have a good senior QB, they should probably win the game at the end of the day.