25. LSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Predict the College Football Playoff

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Random thought popped into my head, if Saban just suddenly retired, who is the first coach they are calling?
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

They would promote from inside. Keeping the staff together is the easiest way to convince kids that the fastest path to the NFL is through the Bama lockerroom!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I'd assume Bama would call Dabo and see what it would take. It'd be crazy if the No.1 program could pluck the No.2 program's coach. But Dabo is a Bama grad and Alabama is Alabama.

That's going to be one of the most interesting hires in CFB history, same thing when Coach K leaves Duke in CBB.
KirkHerbstreit
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KirkHerbstreit »

I believe Pitt’s oline this year will be awful and that is going to cause a lot of problems. A grad transfer from the Mac and 2 rs seniors who barely played and a walk on center with little to no depth. The oline is where it all starts but that is weak

WR and TE and also weak. Very little experience. Pitt is actually counting on rivals 85th ranked receiver to be a big contributor

The D is what really confuses me with pitt fans optimism. All offseason we have heard how good their D is going to be. Is this based on playing 2 really bad qb’s to finish the season? Pitt’s secondary finished 100th in the nation against the pass and probably lost it’s too best players in the secondary.

The Dline has really proven nothing thus far other than projection

Help me out jimbo
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

They are counting on a lot of people making some strides for sure, I still think the Miami and VT performances are worth something since just about any QB’s have given them problems before. I think they have some OK talent, but the schedule is brutal. That’s kind of why I see them as a 7-5 team at best. I know a few people think they’re going to be 9-3/10-2 and I’m having a tough time counting 10 wins with that schedule. 
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I know I’m a Penn State fan but I genuinely want to see Pitt do well for a few reasons. For one, have a OOC game on the road against a team with 8, 9, or 10 wins looks great if PSU needs a resume booster. Secondly, some kids just aren’t going to go to Penn State for one reason or another. A viable Pitt program helps pull some of those kids there rather to OSU or Michigan or Michigan State where they will have to battle them for a B1G title. 

With that said, I just don’t see it this year for Pitt. I mean they lost both of their playmakers on the outside, 4 of their 5 oline, and 3 of the top 4 TEs on last year’s depth chart. On top of that they now expect a QB with like 80 snaps of meaningful game experience to run this offense that is replacing basically everything but a running back. Over if the defensive side of the ball, their front 7 seem to be the only thing I am excited about. They do have some depth there but they are replacing Whitehead and Maddox who both were drafted into the league.  They won 5 games last year, please Pitt fans point to where they will have a jump at all from that number. I personally think it may go the other direction.