Football Crisis in Rural PA?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Football Crisis in Rural PA?

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Crushersports wrote:Has anyone heard potential rumors of Bishop McCort and Bishop Carroll potentially doing a co-op in some sports in the near future?
Fake news, other than football what sport is an issue for either school
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
Crushersports wrote:Has anyone heard potential rumors of Bishop McCort and Bishop Carroll potentially doing a co-op in some sports in the near future?
Lacrosse, field hockey, gymnastics, swimming and diving, wrestling and auto racing.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
McCort soccer went from 30 kids in 2016 to 14 kids this year.  Seems like a mildly significant drop of over 50% to me. 
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
Several especially Junior high sports. Football is the sport that helps pay for the other sports so to most it matters. I knew you were an expert on all things Ligonier related but I guess you've expanded your douche bauchery to the local Catholic schools as well.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Football is not paying for any other sports.  This isn't D1 football.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Crushersports wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:
Several especially Junior high sports. Football is the sport that helps pay for the other sports so to most it matters. I knew you were an expert on all things Ligonier related but I guess you've expanded your douche bauchery to the local Catholic schools as well.
Will Mccort even exist once this latest lawsuit bankrupts the school.   
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
Crushersports wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote: Fake news, other than football what sport is an issue for either school
Will Mccort even exist once this latest lawsuit bankrupts the school.   
As a Catholic school or as an athletic club?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Lawsuit won't have much to do with it, it'll just be a numbers thing when McCort eventually shuts down.  Last cycle McCort had like 141 boys and were firmly AA, now they're at 111 I think one cycle later.  And I'm sure the next cycle will be less than 111.  I just don't see that course changing, it's going to keep getting smaller. 

McCort's combined 7th and 8th grade football team has 16 kids.  The Bishop Carroll/Bishop McCort co-op will be necessary to even field a team in a few years for both schools. 
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Probably stupid questions, but I am being serious, I don't know the answers, maybe someone here knows.

If, hypothetical, Carroll or McCort couldn't field a football team.  A kid wanted to play football.  Why wouldn't a kid wanting to play football at either McCort or Carroll, why wouldn't they just play at their public district where their physically reside?  

Why would Carroll and McCort be approved as a Co-op?  Just curious.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

If a kid was dead set on playing football and neither offered football in the future. I’m sure the kid would just stay in his public school. 

Why wouldn’t the McCort/Carroll co-op be approved? I don’t know the process, just curious why it would even be an issue?