PIAA Classification Craziness....Coming Soon!

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PIAA Classification Craziness....Coming Soon!

Post by Manfred »

FH sends a few to GJC (Vo-Tech). Don't know if any of the Summerhill-Wilmore-New Germany kids would go to Adm. Peary in Ebensburg, it would be closer geographically for them.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

All Forest Hills students that choose to attend Vo-Tech go to Greater Johnstown Vo-Tech.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Juniata Valley, Huntingdon, Mount Union, and Southern Huntingdon send students to the county-wide CTC. When I was in school, Huntingdon and Mount Union sent students both morning and afternoon, while the other two sent students only one of the two sessions. JV for size and SH for distance from the campus.

I know SH sends at least two busses in the afternoons now because I follow them down the road at the end of the day when I go to pick up my kids. There's probably a good chance that with this rule MU and SH at least approach classs A sized numbers in football.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

With the new enrollment factor, CC’s male enrollment went from 189 last cycle to 161 for this cycle
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

I'm, not sure how this rule would benefit publics that would drop to Single A Like Southern Huntingdon and Mount Union. The drop for them would put them up against a Single A parochial school that should be forced to move up. Unless you make a rule that all non-public school must play at least Double or Triple A, I don't see how it benefits the local rural public schools.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

dadw/2sons wrote: December 21st, 2021, 2:17 pm I'm, not sure how this rule would benefit publics that would drop to Single A Like Southern Huntingdon and Mount Union. The drop for them would put them up against a Single A parochial school that should be forced to move up. Unless you make a rule that all non-public school must play at least Double or Triple A, I don't see how it benefits the local rural public schools.
BG is very close to the new AA cutoff, if they hit it, would they be forced to play up to AAA because of competition/success rules?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

knowitall wrote: December 21st, 2021, 1:11 pm All Forest Hills students that choose to attend Vo-Tech go to Greater Johnstown Vo-Tech.
Football #77 goes to both facilities. Splits time between FH and Vo Tech.
It ain't over until it's over.