RIP Coach Page

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
LVRams10
Freshman
Freshman

RIP Coach Page

Post by LVRams10 »

Got word this morning of the passing of Coach Jerry Page. He was and will always be one of the greatest people I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. He helped turn so many young kids into men. He was truly a leader of men. I’m very thankful to have played for Coach Page for three years. I don’t know a single person who has ever had a bad thing to say about him. Truly a legend. I’ll miss you Coach!
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: RIP Coach Page

Post by tubmill »

I am saddened to hear of Coach Page's passing. He was a great coach and a better man. Generations of young men played for this venerable gentleman, both football or baseball. He is a coaching legend, not only in the Laurel Valley, but also in PA football. My condolences to Coach's family. Thank you Coach Page. May you rest in peace.
LVCoachFoust
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LVCoachFoust »

Loved playing for Coach Page! He was one of the main reasons I got into coaching. He was a true mentor and a great man. He was often imitated, but never duplicated. He was the greatest of the great ones to walk a sideline. RIP Coach....love ya!
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Back in 2000 I coached against him in a playoff game. He was complimentary even though they got the best of us that day. Anytime i would see him after that he would always take time to talk with me. One of the most good hearted persons I have ever met. His son is a class act also and prayers for his family.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Condolances from the Ranger Nation for Coach Page and his family, truly one of the all-time greats in Pa.
It ain't over until it's over.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I met coach Page a time or 2 and didn't know him really but still have plenty of respect for he and his family. It is an especially tough time of year to lose a loved one so best thoughts to the Page family and may they find moments to celebrate his life during their time of grief.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Was it the 1993 LV team that made it to the western final and lost to Duquesne? Just a tough group of extremely well coached kids. Always enjoyed watching LV vs United with Coach Page on the sideline. It is easy to see why his son is successful at Homer Center.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Yes, it was the 1993 team. They actually led Duquesne at halftime. Coach Page Jr. is a good coach and better man, just like his Dad.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

What year did Coach Page take over for Andy Pahach? Another superior Coach for many years. LV was always a tough team with him. Saw them lose a tough one in Hershey against Milton Hershey back in the day.
It ain't over until it's over.
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by cleaverstuart »

Manfred wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 4:20 pm What year did Coach Page take over for Andy Pahach? Another superior Coach for many years. LV was always a tough team with him. Saw them lose a tough one in Hershey against Milton Hershey back in the day.
Andy Pahach was a head baskettball coach for 36 years from 1948-49 to 1983-83 (the first 4 at Bolivar before it became Laurel Valley after merging with New Florence and Seward) who had a 538-346 record with 8 D6 titles and 5 apprearance in the state finals and 4 time runner-up (1972 used a final 4 format). Coach Page never coached basketball but was the score keeper for boys b-ball for 50 years at LV. (I guess 46 years of football and 35 years of baseball was enough.) He took over as football head coach from Bert Toy in 1979 after Coach Toy's second Appalachian Conference Championship team that went 10-0-0 in 1978. LV's JV and Jr high football teams were also undefeated in 1978. Finally the Milton Hershey game might be the toughest sports memory for any LV fan.