LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

Post by Manfred »

If that is too much for these kids, there's always the rifle team, eSports, or Forensics.
It ain't over until it's over.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

If the league doesn't schedule a 10th and "meaningless" game, then the teams would find one themselves. They aren't just not going to play while the rest of the state plays that week. I like matching up the teams with similar records. Like you saw last week when all 6 league matchups pitted teams of similar records, 5 of the 6 games were competitive. More competitive games is what we need. Most teams have a few games during the season where the starters might only play a half and then get a break that way.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Manfred wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:26 pm Lets pick the section winners now. W1- Richland. W2- Bedford or Ridge. E1- Central. E2-Clearfield.
I’d go Richland unless they lose too much, then I’d go Westy.

Chestnut Ridge over Bedford

Central is on their way out, BG there

Clearfield
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Before the LHAC scheduled a tenth game and teams had a few years where they could schedule their own 10th game, most schools were looking for a good game anyway and not something easy in week 10. I believe Richland and Bellwood had a few meetings. Johnstown (when they were good) played Tyrone. McCort (when they were still good) played Bradford. Forest Hills-Karns City etc.

I don't think coaches or schools will mind if the tenth week turns into a championship type week of matchups. By going to six classes, they've watered down the playoffs. Like in the case of Penn Cambria this year in D6 AAA (A four team district), they'll be off week 11 with a bye as the one seed and will only need to win one game to win a District Championship. I don't think they would care to have an extra good game to sort of prepare for a playoff run.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Or just to heal up, as I hear they had a bunch of players hurt the past couple weeks.
It ain't over until it's over.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

Are all sports following this same playing format I'm curious on how wrestling schedule is going to work
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Not surprisingly since you are all fans, you want to see more good match-ups. Someone mentioned that Penns Manor is considering sitting their starters for the cross-over game, and that others have considered it. T Penna is cueing up the injury excuse in the TD today, and the PC apologists are doing the same. Football is losing kids left and right, as evidenced by declining rosters and co-ops. Maybe the commitment is too great for today's population/youth in our area. You have to win 3 to win 6-AA. That's 13 straight weeks of football. 14 if you count the scrimmage.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

Your original argument was that it was too many games to play and that the LHAC shouldn't schedule a game Week 10. My argument was if the LHAC didn't schedule a game that week, the schools will still go out of conference and play a tenth game, not just sit idle on a bye week. Has nothing to do with what the fans want to see. Although I'm sure if you ask most players and coaches they would rather play a competitive game than blow somebody out by 40.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I wasn't answering anyone in particular. I agree, if left up to most coaches, they would schedule a game. Though it seems that some are coming around to the idea that a week off or one less game wouldn't be a bad thing (see PM speculation). I say take it out of the coaches hands, mandate a week off somewhere in the schedule, take less teams to the play-offs, something to shorten the season. I know this sounds like bleeding heart stuff, but I think times ( and the participation rate) have changed.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Not to bore everyone with a sob story, but a good source told it to me, so I think it is true and has hit home. A very good local team is so depth-depleted that they had to use a kid that jist joined the team mid-season and had never played QB before at QB in a JV game this week, after losing 3 other skill kids to injury in the game. Whether is was bad luck, lack of experience, or bad coaching decisions that put him in that spot, he took a couple big hits and hasn't been able to make it through a full day of class since because of concussion effects. Take it for what its worth.