https://www.altoonamirror.com/sports/sc ... en-eagles/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Tyrone screwed???

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

This situation has occurred multiple times.
Game was scheduled, St Mary forfeits.
Portage has dealt with it, ligonier valley dealt with it. Tyrone gets the points. Nothing to see here except Central fans wishful thinking.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

St. Marys claimed they called the game off in the summer via a text. Tyrone might not be getting a forfeit win here. They probably need to find a game.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

But this is an interesting quote from John Franco as it pertains to a topic that was on the board earlier in the week.

"In college and the pros that might work out, but in high school, it’s so much rhythm. Boy, I just don’t want to see us lose that. Hopefully, we can figure something out.”

So one of the most successful District 6 football coaches of all time sees value in playing a 10th game...hmm
ShortyThePimp
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ShortyThePimp »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 7:49 pm St. Marys claimed they called the game off in the summer via a text. Tyrone might not be getting a forfeit win here. They probably need to find a game.
IMO - If St. Mary’s can prove they sent the text, then yes, it’s on Tyrone. If they can’t, then it should be considered a forfeit and Tyrone gets the points. Pretty simple in my book.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 7:54 pm But this is an interesting quote from John Franco as it pertains to a topic that was on the board earlier in the week.

"In college and the pros that might work out, but in high school, it’s so much rhythm. Boy, I just don’t want to see us lose that. Hopefully, we can figure something out.”

So one of the most successful District 6 football coaches of all time sees value in playing a 10th game...hmm
Yea Coach Franco would play on the moon if he felt it was beneficial. He's a mad man in a good way. Lol 😆 I said when I heard about it that if they can prove they sent the message then it's on Tyrone but if not it should be a forfeit.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

The game is still listed on maxpreps under St Marys schedule. There has to be more protocol than sending a text per PIAA policy like this straight from the handbook:
PIAA Executive Director Dr. Robert Lombardi verbally laid out the process for handling regular season
contests, to wit:
1) Cancellations may not be made unilaterally by a school that wishes to cancel or declare No
Contest. Language in both the By-Laws and the Rules and Regulations states that both schools
must agree to a cancellation and that any cancellation decision should only be considered after
exhausting all available options as described in the ensuing points.

Call this a forfeit
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Agreed. The language is too specific. St. Mary's 'dropped the ball' on this one.
It ain't over until it's over.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Looks like Central will be heading to Tyrone for round 1 of the 3A playoffs.

https://pafootballnews.com/district9/sa ... -3NM8cs-3o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Elderlyeagle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Elderlyeagle »

Yep, Tyrone will host. St Mary’s had to ff.
And I know it won’t happen because Clearfield will spank St Mary’s but on the off chance st Mary’s makes the 5/9 AAA game, someone in Bedford please keep the hammer down for 4qtrs …. Please hang 50 on em