The End of an Era, Probably

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
bluejay84
Freshman
Freshman

Re: The End of an Era, Probably

Post by bluejay84 »

badguy wrote: October 31st, 2022, 8:44 am Paul- the voice of Saturday afternoon at Thomas Yewcic Stadium. So many great memories of Saturday afternoons at CV. Mr. Buriak does a fantastic job announcing games for the Blue Jays.

Although, Friday Night Lights are special, there is something nostalgic about CV Saturday games.

I question the investment and safety of lights at CV. Low enrollment in the program would give me caution. The hillside at night is a concern. Lack of other facilities at field level would be a greater priority for the program.
Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it very much.
Your other comments here are spot on as well.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: October 31st, 2022, 8:38 am Growing up I went to a lot of the Westmont games on Saturday afternoons because I lived right there and it was something to do. You'd often see kids from McCort, Johnstown, Richland etc. at the Westmont games too for that same reason. I liked it. They did their homecoming game on a Saturday afternoon. I hope they continue to do one game like that each year.
From what I have heard the Westmont homecoming game will continue to be on Saturday afternoons moving forward. That is a tradition that will not change, even with the lights at the new field.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

As a fan, I love the Saturday afternoon game. As a player, not so much. Those early season day games can get pretty hot, and Saturday games meant an extra day of practice in pads and one less day of weekend. I doubt the players will miss them.