Opinion?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Opinion?

Post by CCDevil2012 »

old school wrote: November 9th, 2023, 7:01 am ^ This is exactly why I do not enjoy watching the NFL anymore. No need for someone to celebrate after every play. Do your job and go back to the huddle
As just average people, I think we try to relate to pro players and apply our emotions to situations they’re in and we’re not. In doing so we forget that the mindset of these athletes is significantly diffeeent than most of us. They have the mindset that they’re the best in the world at what they do and that’s what they use to out train and out work all of us, plus some god given talent. For them I think it’s really hard to shut that off, especially in a sport where you’re trying to be more physical than the other testerone filled man who think he’s the greatest. That and they’re so jacked up on adrenaline. Combine that stuff together and it’s easy to see why they celebrate little things
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Are you sure that the NFL players are just jacked up on adrenaline?

As far as high school goes: it should be limited. Nothing should be allowed that is demeaning to the opposing team. I'm all for excitement, but some of this stuff is just about everybody looking at the individual instead of the team. That's when I have a problem with it.

And i should say also, I am old and have old school beliefs.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

^ I agree but celebrating after every play gets old
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant