Northern Bedford vs Steelton Highspire

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Northern Bedford vs Steelton Highspire

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

For years, District 5 has had to unfairly face the D7 champion, now they get to head East, any thoughts?
oldsneakers
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Northern Bedford vs Steelton Highspire

Post by oldsneakers »

Actually 2015 was the last time D5 faced WPIAL Champ...Great job 'A' Berlin beating Clairton

16,17,18,19....the D5 winners faced 10-1...none other than the Farrell Steelers...

2020 D-9 champ was the opponent, Redbank Valley got the 'w' over Northern Bedford..d 10 had a bye

2021 the bracket switched to d9 having the bye...so Northern Bedford faced 10-1 Reynolds and got the win then lost a nailbiter to D-9's Redbank Valley...

2022....started the D5 going to the east Steelton vs Windber,,

Leading to Steelton heading west in a week to face d-5 NB
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

I saw Steel-High beat a really good West Perry team handily just a few weeks ago so I don’t give Northern Bedford any chance in that game.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Northern Bedford is ranked third in the state.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

youngbuck wrote: November 13th, 2023, 3:52 pm Northern Bedford is ranked third in the state.
MaxPreps's a rankings has Steelton Highspire #2 and NBC 6th if you want a link I'll be happy to share the link
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Maybe stick to wrasslin. Triblive, Pennlive and PFN have Steelton Highspire as 1.
NBC is 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively.
But you could always go with the first thing that showed up on your Google search, which was maxpreps.com
Capnweird
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Capnweird »

Maxpreps.com rankings are based more on stats and less on human observation. They always have odd ranking compared to those that are done by a human element.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

None of the rankings mean anything at all. I hope Northern Bedford wins, but I'm afraid it won't be close... In a bad way.
OldD6er
Freshman
Freshman

Post by OldD6er »

youngbuck wrote: November 13th, 2023, 10:00 pm Maybe stick to wrasslin. Triblive, Pennlive and PFN have Steelton Highspire as 1.
NBC is 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively.
But you could always go with the first thing that showed up on your Google search, which was maxpreps.com
Rankings don’t mean anything at this point in the year. The ICC is not a good conference. 12 wins in any season is a great accomplishment but 12 wins won’t have them beating SH. Unfortunately for NBC…running clock in the second half
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

NBC has the ability to run the football and control the clock. They have some darn good off linemen who will not back down from SH just because it's SH. Johnson and Snider run the football with confidence and are intelligent football players. I predict a slow methodic offensive game plan that uses the clock and will get the yardage they need to keep drives alive and put points on the board. Northern Leigh and Canton ran the ball against them last year in state playoffs, and that will be the key and NBC has the ability to do that. This is going to be a close game. Just giving my opinion.