Post by 12HankQB »

Pray for more rain
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Northern Bedford vs Steelton Highspire

Post by TheAnalyst »

Steelton over Northern Bedford 21-7. Final.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Northern Bedford vs Steelton Highspire

Post by HSD6FAN »

Sneakers2 wrote:Am I mistaken? I thought the NFL and others were going around and citing studies that turf is known to lead to more injuries...so why would it be pushed that the only suitable venues are those with turf here in the great month of November.
Yes, many grass fields around would not be acceptable after all the usage a normal 11-week season brings.
Schools whose field would be on the worn-out side by now would have to be honest and not request to host...With that being said, I feel Panther Community Stadium is a top-notch facility with a great surface that could host through state quarters at the very least....By December though it would be closer to reaching its max....

One person's humble opinion....Love the fact that CK is doing what they are doing tonight though!!!!!
There are so many differences between a pro athlete and a high school athlete.

Pro athletes generate incredible amounts of pressure when they start / stop and change directions. Turf doesn’t give as much as grass, but it’s not enough to cause more risk of injury (especially at the high school level).

Most high school athletes don’t generate that same power down into the ground to put extra stress on ligaments, etc.

I’m guessing turf is better at the high school level because it stops the injuries of kids slipping, hitting uneven spots, turning to mud in the rain, etc. If they can’t get the grass surface correct at the Super Bowl, how likely is it high schools can do it better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldsneakers
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Northern Bedford vs Steelton Highspire

Post by oldsneakers »

I have 2 names on different devices....But thanks to the ones who gave the research on the studies of turf/ injuries....By the way...Great/ exciting game NB....and great job to the hosts from CK!