SCA. Westinghouse

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

SCA. Westinghouse

Post by footballfan1 »

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I think I read on Penn live yesterday that Southern Columbia and Westinghouse will both be AA again next two years.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: SCA. Westinghouse

Post by LeeCorso »

Westinghouse head coach confirmed yesterday they will be A not AA. Assuming that puts them in a bracket with NB, Tussey, and Windber.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

LeeCorso wrote: December 7th, 2023, 8:53 pm Westinghouse head coach confirmed yesterday they will be A not AA. Assuming that puts them in a bracket with NB, Tussey, and Windber.
Thanks for the info
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

CT will be A also. They dropped a co-op with JCS.

It will be interesting to see what the PIAA does with them bracket wise.

With CT, D5A can hold their own tournament and doesn’t need a team.

With the enrollment system as it is, I’m curious how Westinghouse gets to their final number. Competition wise teams like Westinghouse don’t match talent with A schools. I will always stand up for the small public schools playing football with 80-125 kids. Academies, private schools, and cyber charters aren’t like Portage, Redbank Valley, Coudersport, Lackawanna Trail, South Side Beaver, Northern Bedford, Glendale, etc.

There are also schools that have A enrollments but crazy amounts of transfers and are not like an A school based on some things such as location.

Think of how things go for schools in these situations. They are all located right next to large districts or cities. If you have the means and live in Altoona or Hollidaysburg you can send your son to BG. Instead of traveling 2-3 hours for games every Friday, you can stay local as part of the LHAC scene. In Pittsburgh, the way people are saying Westinghouse is able to have a number like they do is interesting. At Aliquippa you have transfers like crazy. I think Farrell does as well based on what I have heard from people. People yesterday said about them seeing an increase in numbers of kids from Ohio along with Sharon and Hermitage.

Back in the day I wasn’t impressed with a place like Kennedy Christian/Catholic. Their success was just like whatever because it was just a product of how they operated. But..it was sports marketing for the school. Thats why they do what they do. What’s happening at Westinghouse can change that school in a positive way for years. If the best of the best start going there and they become a constant, that’s why they do what they do. Private schools aren’t free. If they aren’t winning, enrollment drops. If enrollment drops that is major money lost. Winning is the key aspect of marketing because some schools are education based and some schools are education based but also act as a business.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Interesting to see what transpires with Westinghouse being A. There were 4 AA schools last cycle and D5 didn't have their "own" tournament. D5AA was lumped in with D8 AA. Why should "A" have their "own" tournament when "AA" didn't?
"I'm your huckleberry"
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Preach!

The big issue is consequences don't always immediately take place. Best example is basketball. Kennedy and Imani Christian won titles in 1A with huge transfers, literally. Alier Maluk for Imani at 6' 11" and Oscar Tshiebwe for Kennedy at 6' 8"(Pacers). They win 1A, then move to 6A. Once they can't compete year in and out at 6A, drop down to 1A again. In the case of Kennedy, it shot their program and they're pretty well done for.

It's all laughable and the small public schools pay the price.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Westinghouse has the success points to be moved up. They are claiming they don't have the 3 transfers but I question that. Did they have at least 3 kids playing for them one of the past two years who played somewhere else previously? If so, they will be bumped up to AAA (from AA) based on the competition formula. So, they will be A or AAA but not AA next cycle. We shall see. If they are A PIAA can do whatever they want with them...ship them to 10 or 5 would be most logical. For some reason they never subregionalize the City League (D8) schools with the district that seems like a natural and surrounds them (D7/WPIAL).
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Exactly HR. Typical PIAA BS. Good luck trying to decipher Westinghouse's eligibility form1
"I'm your huckleberry"
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

What did the Pittsburgh City schools do before being lumped in with Dist 5 AA with football playoffs?
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

When 5AA absorbed Westinghouse as a sub regional it was to make 4 teams I believe. Before that AA went with D9. I don’t think AA had 4 teams when that started but I’m not sure.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches