Rule changes

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Rule changes

Post by cleaverstuart »

I don't know when the first "modern" co-op happen. The first local co-op was New Florence and Bolivar H.S. for football (under the New Florence name) and basketball (under the Bolivar name) in 1948-49 school year. District 6 had to approve this co-op. The co-op ended in the fall of 1952 when the two schools along with Seward Independent (1-8 only) formed Laurel Valley.
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

Coach wrote: December 17th, 2023, 7:11 am 6 classes is awesome.

The rules I don’t care for:
1. Don’t treat a FG like a punt. If you try a FG from the 5 and miss it, it’s a touchback and the other team gets the ball at the 20. Risk it from 50 yards out and the ball is not kicked well at all and rolls dead on the 2. It’s the same as a punt.

Nope. Dumb.

2. In the world of co-ops why count a co-op as .5. If the coop provides you with 100 potential players they shouldn’t be counted as 50. There are 100. You have 80 boys and coop with a school of 60 more and another school of 60 more. That’s 200. The count though is 80+30+30. 140. Now we have an A school instead of a decent sized AA. A person is a person. Co-ops are fine I just don’t understand this method for counting potential players.

Charters and Private schools should have special rules for counting enrollments as well.

3. A play clock rule. 3:00 to go. Your opponent is up by 6. They run the play clock down to 2 and just so happen to false start. The play clock now sets to 25 and the game clock gets wound again. The team now took over 60 seconds off the clock. Teams shouldn’t be able to run more than 40 seconds off the clock.
Coach item 3 is already a rule under 2:00 of each half. Clock should start on the snap following this scenario or the d should get the option….they could choose to have the clock start on the ready for play.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

I think that's why coach said 3 minutes on the clock and not 2.
MikeFLN
Freshman
Freshman

Post by MikeFLN »

CRUSHER92 wrote: December 16th, 2023, 6:37 pm4 classes
Yes please, let's go back to 4 classes. 6 classes suck and is stupid to have with so few schools west of the Harrisburg area being in 5A and 6A