Shoot the half!!!
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Re: LHAC Wrestling Tournament

Post by wrestler02 »

TheAdmiral wrote: January 26th, 2024, 10:01 pm
bedfordcountyfan wrote: January 26th, 2024, 2:59 pm
southpaw wrote: January 25th, 2024, 2:13 pm Bedford has a coach on staff that would do a great job as head coach.
I’m curious who on staff would make a great head coach?
I'm guessing they mean Tanner Williams.
Rumor has it from a good source he was the reason for all this going down.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

creedence wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:00 am
silentbob wrote: January 25th, 2024, 8:57 am Yeah, seems like it was a tough week down there in Bedford County.

I hadn't heard anything on Cassidy leaving. But for the family to move mid season like that is surprising. I would think you'd want to get through your post season wrestling in PA before making a move to VA. He's tough!! I bet he goes and walks through the VA state tournament. Hopefully he's able to compete down there right away.
Look for him in a Chestnut Ridge singlet next year. No rule for out of state transfers having to sit out a year for PIAA. Don't go to Altoona! CR will have a bunch of state champs this year and next year. Would be a good fit for Chestnut Ridge powerhouse.
At this point I get the feeling that Creedence is just trolling people to see how worked up he can get them.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

SportsFan96 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:13 pm
creedence wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:00 am
silentbob wrote: January 25th, 2024, 8:57 am Yeah, seems like it was a tough week down there in Bedford County.

I hadn't heard anything on Cassidy leaving. But for the family to move mid season like that is surprising. I would think you'd want to get through your post season wrestling in PA before making a move to VA. He's tough!! I bet he goes and walks through the VA state tournament. Hopefully he's able to compete down there right away.
Look for him in a Chestnut Ridge singlet next year. No rule for out of state transfers having to sit out a year for PIAA. Don't go to Altoona! CR will have a bunch of state champs this year and next year. Would be a good fit for Chestnut Ridge powerhouse.
At this point I get the feeling that Creedence is just trolling people to see how worked up he can get them.
your on to something ill agree
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

LeeCorso wrote: January 28th, 2024, 4:45 pm Yeah a lot of hate on this site for McCort and Guilfoyle over the years about recruiting. Not hearing much about CRU. They now have wrestlers from Bedford, Everett, Tussey, Claysburg, Central, Somerset, West Virginia, and Delaware in the program.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these were all pre-9th grade, were they not? Nothing recruiting about that if the parents chose to move to a great program before 9th grade? If a family is willing to sell their home in WVA or DE and relocate, then not sure how that is recruiting?
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

BisonLegend68 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:42 am Megadeath- I mean Creedance
This makes sense. Use the ole loop hole rule. Leave and state & then return with no penalty. I think Bedford SD might have something to say about that especially if they move back to ridge or Altoona
I spoke with the family after this went down, and I'd say they have a pretty big Get out of Jail Free card with this one. Not my place to go into details, but suffice to say if someone did that to my kid, my first call be to a lawyer, and the 2nd to WJAC.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Removed.
Last edited by LeeCorso on February 1st, 2024, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

Leave the state and then come back to Altoona or Ridge. Sounds like a steller plan. Bedford doesn’t seem to be upset about the loss. Just like Somerset wasn’t when megadeath left
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

transferring from anywhere (in state or out of state) and coming back to a PIAA school after you've participated in your SOPH season constitutes post-season ineligibility the following season. So, if this wrestler comes back to ANY piaa school including back to Bedford, they will not be eligible for the post season District, Regional, State tournaments.
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

Bedford has several people that have crippled the program lol and some are still there. The story I've heard from several within the program is the Asst Coach was the one getting reprimanded by the AD, for sabotaging Cahill's coaching position. I know this to be a fact (as should you LeeCorso since you are employed by them and coach elem). I think you are hearing one side of the story only. And I say this from a Ridge Runner that has friends on both sides. I honestly hope the old guard comes back into power at Bedford, because our run will be safe for years to come lol
Last edited by wrestler02 on February 3rd, 2024, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

I've never know the dad to coach any sport at junior high or high school? How would he showcase his kids if he is just a regular parent in the stands? I mean his older boy was state champ, so that kinda brings its own attention without dad having to, is it not? I would be curious to hear how either one of these guys crippled bedford though. I mean its well know fact bedford is in middle of a lawsuit for similar treatment, correct?

Typical bedford fan. instead of asking yourself why people are continuing to leave your program (not just these two, there are several others), you instead attack the kids and parents that chose a better route for their kids. I think you guys need to come to grips with the fact that bedford just ain't all that great anymore, and people see it.
Last edited by wrestler02 on February 3rd, 2024, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.