Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Shoot the half!!!
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Post by BisonLegend68 »

SportsFan96 wrote: February 9th, 2024, 9:42 pm Section 1. Maximum Age Rule.

A student shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletic competition upon attaining the age of nineteen years, with the following exception: If the age of 19 is attained on or after July 1, the student shall be eligible, age-wise, to compete through that school year.

Like I stated earlier. Most of the PA, NJ, Ohio super stars turn 19 in their senior seasons. This trend even hit into Bedford county. My buddy told me the Simcox boy and oldest Harer were both 19 to start the school year. So all these made up lies of Gibson being 21 is obviously just lies. He has to be under 19. Same with Basset and others being old. I wish I would have held my sons back. Looking back it makes sense turning 19 versus Turning 18.
sparky
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sparky »

creedence wrote:Wrestling is about pinning. Take down and cut might work in high school but they find out in college when there coaches need six and they dont know how to pin nobody. Pin is six points and a tec is five. Also a quick pin doesn't wear the wrestler out as much as cutting and trying to get another takedown. Don't make no sense to me. They might be good now but they will find out it don't work that way in college when them coaches want them to get a quick pin.

All the other predictions are a joke to. Don't be so sure.
Well if we learned one thing in the Ridge/McCort match today it was that the boys from McCort know how to pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live Life to the fullest
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

sparky wrote: February 10th, 2024, 1:06 am
creedence wrote:Wrestling is about pinning. Take down and cut might work in high school but they find out in college when there coaches need six and they dont know how to pin nobody. Pin is six points and a tec is five. Also a quick pin doesn't wear the wrestler out as much as cutting and trying to get another takedown. Don't make no sense to me. They might be good now but they will find out it don't work that way in college when them coaches want them to get a quick pin.

All the other predictions are a joke to. Don't be so sure.
Well if we learned one thing in the Ridge/McCort match today it was that the boys from McCort know how to pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed Ole credence mouth probably dropped if I had to guess
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Is there possibly some confusion regarding Gibson? He does have an older brother, Eric, who has already graduated HS.
It ain't over until it's over.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

Manfred wrote: February 10th, 2024, 9:37 am Is there possibly some confusion regarding Gibson? He does have an older brother, Eric, who has already graduated HS.
I can’t confirm his actual birthday, but talk I heard was that his birthday fell after July 1st, so if the talk is true, then he could be 19 and within the competition rules. There are a lot of kids like this on other teams, so he’s no different than those other kids.