LHAC BBall races...

Hardwood chatter
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC BBall races...

Post by DragonsDoExist »

CCDevil2012 wrote:Where are the games being played on Saturday?
PSU Altoona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

LHAC BBall races...

Post by ERAChamp »

Much like a few years ago, McCort girls go undefeated in the LHAC regular season only to drop the ball in the LHAC playoffs. GREAT regular season team, but seem to come up short in the playoffs for some reason.

Congrats to FH for knocking off Hollidaysburg last night. I know Hollidaysburg was banged up, but nice win by FH.

BG will meet FH for the LHAC title - good luck to all!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Outside of Bellwood, McCort probably has the most playoff success in girls basketball the past ten years if I had to guess. Usually seems like they win a game or two in the PIAA playoffs.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: February 16th, 2024, 11:28 am Outside of Bellwood, McCort probably has the most playoff success in girls basketball the past ten years if I had to guess. Usually seems like they win a game or two in the PIAA playoffs.
I hope your just talking about the lhac teams, Caz portage for the past 10 years has a better record.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Not that I really wanted to do the research here, but I figured what the heck.

I had McCort down for 14-6 in the state playoffs from 2014-through last year, 10 seasons worth, plus with four District 6 Champions.

I had Portage down for 6-5 in the state playoffs with 2 D6 titles.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

2 final 4s I would say that alone is better then just winning 1 game in the states every year. And to get to the final 4 that’s 3 wins each time.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

GoldenRamsFAN wrote: February 16th, 2024, 1:46 pm 2 final 4s I would say that alone is better then just winning 1 game in the states every year. And to get to the final 4 that’s 3 wins each time.
Well, for one you are kind of moving the goal posts on your initial statement and two McCort has also advanced to the final four twice during this stretch, plus one trip to Hershey.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

In any event, over the prior ten seasons Bellwood has two state titles, two district titles and a 21-4 record in the state playoffs, which is pretty nuts.

I can't think of many better consistent girls basketball runs locally.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

When you got a 3k point scorer the team usually does do well 🤪
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

LHAC BBall races...

Post by ERAChamp »

One of the Portage titles was in 5a - kudos to them. But it was done specifically to avoid Bellwood and their D1 recruit. Kind of ironic that Bellwood got upset in districts that year and Portage could have stayed put and won the title where they were!!

Sort of what PC girls did in this cycle - going to 4a to avoid FH, River Valley and WH in 3a and won the 4a title last year. They knew that couldn't beat any of those three and got a banner for their gym. Kind of sad that AD's and coaches chase trophies and banners by purposely playing lesser competition.

Unfortunately this is the world in which we live - sad.