Shoot the half!!!
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

District 5 AA

Post by bcor »

District 5 AA

Saturday, February 24, 2024

at University of Pittsburgh Johnstown (PA)

Participating Teams (10)

Bedford
Berlin Brothersvalley
Chestnut Ridge
Conemaugh Township
Everett
Meyersdale
North Star
Northern Bedford
Somerset
Tussey Mountain
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 5 AA

Post by bcor »

Brackets (now) and Results (later) here ...

https://live.pa-wrestling.com/pdfs/2024 ... esults.pdf
oldsneakers
Freshman
Freshman

Post by oldsneakers »

AND.......A new Champion is crowned...Congrats to Coaches Brian Dutchcot, Shawn Claar and Drew Gartland; Zach Clark and Tink Snider on the girls' staff, the junior high staff, every athlete part of the wrestling program and an entire community full of great students, parents, community members and fans! Northern Bedford truly celebrated a day that only true champions experience. Shine Panther Nation, Shine! and good luck to all at Regionals at 'Toona town.
Last edited by oldsneakers on February 25th, 2024, 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

Surprised it took this long for someone to say it. Huge win by NBC, one that I don't think most people had on their radar. Even though Ridge had more Champs, NBC got it done in wrestlebacks. Everett kinda surprised me too, finishing 3rd without a champ (I don't think they did?). Even as Ridge fan, nice to see a new Champ tbh. Now we move onto regionals where McRuit will surely smoke everyone, lol.

Sad day for Bedford, finishes last out of county teams, and only pushes one kid to SW. Quick glance at PJW results, and I don't see their slump changing anytime soon. What is outlook for NBC and Everett? Any kids coming up that will strengthen their teams?
creedence
Freshman
Freshman

Post by creedence »

wrestler02 wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:57 am Surprised it took this long for someone to say it. Huge win by NBC, one that I don't think most people had on their radar. Even though Ridge had more Champs, NBC got it done in wrestlebacks. Everett kinda surprised me too, finishing 3rd without a champ (I don't think they did?). Even as Ridge fan, nice to see a new Champ tbh. Now we move onto regionals where McRuit will surely smoke everyone, lol.

Sad day for Bedford, finishes last out of county teams, and only pushes one kid to SW. Quick glance at PJW results, and I don't see their slump changing anytime soon. What is outlook for NBC and Everett? Any kids coming up that will strengthen their teams?
As a ridge fan I don't get how a kid can pin a kid in the finals in 14 sec and does not get OW. CR wrestlers go out and get pins all day and they give OW to other team. Sorry something ain't right there. It's time to start rewarding the fast pins. That's what people want to see.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

creedence wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:05 pm
wrestler02 wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:57 am Surprised it took this long for someone to say it. Huge win by NBC, one that I don't think most people had on their radar. Even though Ridge had more Champs, NBC got it done in wrestlebacks. Everett kinda surprised me too, finishing 3rd without a champ (I don't think they did?). Even as Ridge fan, nice to see a new Champ tbh. Now we move onto regionals where McRuit will surely smoke everyone, lol.

As a ridge fan I don't get how a kid can pin a kid in the finals in 14 sec and does not get OW. CR wrestlers go out and get pins all day and they give OW to other team. Sorry something ain't right there. It's time to start rewarding the fast pins. That's what people want to see.
They want to see a great match that is exciting not a 14 second pin are you that delusonal
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
creedence
Freshman
Freshman

Post by creedence »

Wrasslerfan wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:09 pm
creedence wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:05 pm

They want to see a great match that is exciting not a 14 second pin are you that delusonal
No the point is to pin. That' is the whole point to wrestling. You get first period pins for the whole tournament and do no get OW is a joke and you know it.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

NBC on top- how wild is that. Deputy and Company was not happy. Something tells me they had a late night workout vision quest type workout. Was it just me or did everyone think the refs were out to get Ridge?

Who didn’t Cahill win COY?
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

BisonLegend68 wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:34 pm NBC on top- how wild is that. Deputy and Company was not happy. Something tells me they had a late night workout vision quest type workout. Was it just me or did everyone think the refs were out to get Ridge?

Who didn’t Cahill win COY?
i dont think the refs were out to get ridge at all not even close to being true
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

Congratulations to NBC. I dont think a single person would have had them winning this going into yesterday.

Credence, Megadeth, Mall, Muhl-

OW- If any CR kid should have gotten it, it was Deputy. Far and away the best wrestler on their team and in the District. Also wrestled a tougher weight the. 114 was in D-5. I'm not sure who won it, but assume he had a great tournament.

COY- I'm good with NBC can't pronounce his name winning it. They had good year and great tournament. Deputy definitely could have made arguments for it too.

JUNIOR high COY- Tom Rupple from Bedford. Another nice choice probably could have gone Mall here but assuming the D-5 coaches are looking at CR similar to how our D-6 coaches are looking at BM.

BisonLegend- the Cahill comment was funny...

Wrester02- Agree NBC and Everett both had nice tournaments. Bedford definitely showing the wear from the year they had, but still only getting 1 out is shocking. They could have probably transferred the team to VA and won more state titles then they got regional qualifiers by the looks of things.

CR, NBC, Everett and Bedford all had good junior high teams. Any other D-5 schools have kids coming that can make districts fun again with some parity?

Who all was inducted into the HOF yesterday?