4 point near fall

Shoot the half!!!
creedence
Freshman
Freshman

4 point near fall

Post by creedence »

Good rule or not? If you got a wrestler who's been fighting off back for 30 seconds and is about to get pinned, can he just call injury to get the match stopped and give other wrestler 4 points instead of getting pinned. Seems like a dang good strategy if your wrestler is up on points. Get them out of pinning combination for a fresh start.
longball5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 4 point near fall

Post by longball5 »

Wasn’t this a question with a three-point nearfall? Not really a new concept.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

I like the rule but wish refs would slap the match. Then see if the wrestler, who is mostly faking, is ok. I heard a higher seed in D6 was on his back and did this tonight. My neighbor was there and his dad was yelling to do it. It’s very sad when kids and parents are ok with cheating.
creedence
Freshman
Freshman

Post by creedence »

It was a Forest Hills dad yelling it because it was about to be his kids 100th win and he was winning and got caught in a headlock is what they said.
bedfordcountyfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bedfordcountyfan »

Teaching that kid that taking the easy way out and calling injury are life lessons that he will carry on in other things in his life. We sometimes have to remember that 100 wins is great, a state title is great. But in 10 years your employers won't care about either. They will care that you take the easy way out.
creedence
Freshman
Freshman

Post by creedence »

A wins a win. Nobody will remember in 10 years when the name is on a plaque in the trophy case.