SW AA

Shoot the half!!!
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Re: SW AA

Post by Coach »

Something I wonder…

Did Ridge’s long run of success actually hurt the district overall? Weird thought…but…Do kids not come out because they know for the last decade what Ridge is? I don’t think it’s anything major but I wouldn’t be surprised if the extreme success and so often battling for a 2nd from everyone else turned some kids off from things. I look at any sports program and if it isn’t winning…you typically see numbers problems. If each school loses a kid and then three years later that turns into 3-4 kids, you see things looking a lot different. Somerset County isn’t what it was in many ways and the same can be said for Bedford.

That said, this past year D5 had the best crop of sprinters I’ve ever seen even though they all knew they were racing for second.

I don’t know. Just something I have wondered. Has it hurt D6 in football when Guilfoyle is dominating? Not always. Does it happen where Southern Columbia plays? I think it kind of has. Some teams were unreal but now they know and maybe the other programs aren’t as good then. Look at all the schools that drop programs or have to co-op that didn’t before. Kids aren’t thrilled with having a great team for a small school and still go 5-5 or 6-4. It happens but it happens less. Do big dogs tend to create a problem for a region when they are so dominant? I don’t know.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Really great round for NBC

Clouse
Snider
Dibert
Beach

All winners. Somerset’s heavyweight is out.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Wercrlions
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wercrlions »

Coach wrote: March 1st, 2024, 7:30 pm Something I wonder…

Did Ridge’s long run of success actually hurt the district overall? Weird thought…but…Do kids not come out because they know for the last decade what Ridge is? I don’t think it’s anything major but I wouldn’t be surprised if the extreme success and so often battling for a 2nd from everyone else turned some kids off from things. I look at any sports program and if it isn’t winning…you typically see numbers problems. If each school loses a kid and then three years later that turns into 3-4 kids, you see things looking a lot different. Somerset County isn’t what it was in many ways and the same can be said for Bedford.

That said, this past year D5 had the best crop of sprinters I’ve ever seen even though they all knew they were racing for second.

I don’t know. Just something I have wondered. Has it hurt D6 in football when Guilfoyle is dominating? Not always. Does it happen where Southern Columbia plays? I think it kind of has. Some teams were unreal but now they know and maybe the other programs aren’t as good then. Look at all the schools that drop programs or have to co-op that didn’t before. Kids aren’t thrilled with having a great team for a small school and still go 5-5 or 6-4. It happens but it happens less. Do big dogs tend to create a problem for a region when they are so dominant? I don’t know.
I think most of the time it’s more on the coach’s shoulders for not willing to put the time in when the kids are younger - I think you give any district ridge’s coaches they would make them something in time
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

https://live.pa-wrestling.com/pdfs/2024 ... esults.pdf

Place Pts School (Abbreviation) 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
1. 237.5 Bishop McCort (BMCT)
-
-
2. 84.0 Bentworth (BNW)
-
-
-
3. 82.0 Frazier (FRZ)
-
-
4. 76.5 Chestnut Ridge (CNRG)
-
-
-
-
5. 75.5 Bald Eagle Area (BEA)
-
-
-
6. 74.5 Burgettstown (BGT)
-
-
-
7. 67.5 Burrell (BUR)
-
-
-
-
8. 66.5 United (UNTD)
-
-
-
-
9. 65.5 Penns Valley (PNV)
-
-
-
10. 60.0 Central Valley (CEV)
-
-
-
11. 53.0 Derry Area (DER)
-
-
-
12. 48.0 Belle Vernon (BEV)
-
-
-
-
13. 47.0 Mount Pleasant (MTPL)
-
-
-
-
14. 40.0 Tyrone (TYR)
-
-
-
-
15. 38.0 Bellefonte (BLF)
-
-
-
-
-
15. 38.0 McGuffey (MCG)
-
-
-
-
15. 38.0 Northern Bedford (NOB)
-
-
-
-
15. 38.0 Quaker Valley (QKV)
-
-
-
-
19. 37.0 Huntingdon (HTD)
-
-
-
-
-
20. 36.0 Philipsburg-Osceola (PO)
-
-
-
-
-
21. 34.0 Penn Cambria (PEC)
-
-
-
-
-
22. 33.0 Fort Cherry (FC)
-
-
-
-
-
23. 32.0 Somerset (SMS)
-
-
-
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

https://www.tribdem.com/sports/photo-ga ... b3661.html

Chestnut Ridge’s Dominic Deputy won his second title at 107 pounds.
Deputy’s teammate, Easton Mull (114), had to settle for second place.

Deputy, a returning state runner-up, reached the finals with his second straight shutout – a 6-0 win over Philipsburg-Osceola’s Caleb Hummel. He then had to hang on to beat Bald Eagle Area’s Tanner Guenot 1-0 for his second regional title.

Deputy rode Guenot the entire third period. With about 12 seconds left, it appeared Guenot might have broken away, but Deputy regained control of him. A Bald Eagle Area coach disputed the non-escape, but the no escape was ruled.

“It feels great,” Deputy said. “It’s not the dominant fashion it was last year, but it was the next step, winning the match and getting to Hershey.”

“I’m proud of him,” Chestnut Ridge coach and Dominic's father Josh Deputy said. “Dom is very savvy. He knows how to win. He can win 1-0 matches and he can win high-scoring matches. I think they have a chance to maybe do it again.”

---

Somerset’s Rowan Holmes (215), who was upset by Mount Union’s Josh Ryan 8-6 in the semifinals, placed third. Westmont Hilltop’s Jonah McCoy (sixth, 285) was able to qualify.

Chestnut Ridge’s Jayden Imler (145) finished seventh. Forest Hills’ Hunter Forcellini (seventh, 133) and Kory Marsalko (seventh, 172), Penn Cambria’s Nick Summerville (eighth, 215), Somerset’s Logan Baker (eighth, 160) and Bedford’s Ceaton Hale (eighth, 285) also just missed qualifying.