LHAC Expansion?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

LHAC Expansion?

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I read an article today that the LHAC asked Cambria Heights to rejoin the conference, which they declined due to the recent success of “winning 3 conference championships”, etc etc.

The article also said Heights asked the other Heritage schools if they were planning on joining the LHAC with all schools stating no, but than an ICC was in talks with the LHAC.

I thought this was interesting, why would the LHAC add another team to have an odd number (in football anyways), or are they trying to rid the conference of a team? Any insight out there?
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC Expansion?

Post by Wrasslerfan »

IM guessing its ro rid the conference of a team
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I sort of proposed when the LHAC first expanded to just make a mini WPIAL and have every D5 and D6 team under one banner, and create sections within one league. I still don’t think that’s a bad route.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: March 14th, 2024, 10:11 pm I sort of proposed when the LHAC first expanded to just make a mini WPIAL and have every D5 and D6 team under one banner, and create sections within one league. I still don’t think that’s a bad route.
I agreed with you then and I still do now. Grouping schools by size eliminates the concern of small schools having to play bigger schools and get creamed. They could play virtually the same schedule. The only wrench would be the bishops. I don’t think Glendale in football or Turkeyfoot in basketball would sign up to play BG consistently.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

There appears to be some very bad blood between Forest Hills and the Osborne Street Athletic Club. The OSAC was recently caught cheating in hockey again. The OSAC’s football coach/superintendent may be looking to take his academy independent.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

CCDevil2012 wrote: March 14th, 2024, 9:05 pm I read an article today that the LHAC asked Cambria Heights to rejoin the conference, which they declined due to the recent success of “winning 3 conference championships”, etc etc.

The article also said Heights asked the other Heritage schools if they were planning on joining the LHAC with all schools stating no, but than an ICC was in talks with the LHAC.

I thought this was interesting, why would the LHAC add another team to have an odd number (in football anyways), or are they trying to rid the conference of a team? Any insight out there?
Was this a recent article? I have heard recently that Windber would like to join the LHAC.
"I'm your huckleberry"
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

knowitall wrote: March 15th, 2024, 7:03 am There appears to be some very bad blood between Forest Hills and the Osborne Street Athletic Club. The OSAC was recently caught cheating in hockey again. The OSAC’s football coach/superintendent may be looking to take his academy independent.
If you want to do this stuff, fine. It makes sense, but you shouldn't be part of the PIAA then. Similar to an IMG.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

southpaw wrote: March 15th, 2024, 7:35 am
CCDevil2012 wrote: March 14th, 2024, 9:05 pm I read an article today that the LHAC asked Cambria Heights to rejoin the conference, which they declined due to the recent success of “winning 3 conference championships”, etc etc.

Was this a recent article? I have heard recently that Windber would like to join the LHAC.
I do know that Windber already was asked to join the LHAC and accepted only to reverse course a week or so later. This was last year when the LHAC expanded to its current membership.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Cheating? Balderdash and poppycock I say. Never happened.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Yep. You have to be careful what you do in every sport if you’re going to be stealing Football High’s wrassling recruits.