NEW FOOTBALL SCHEDULES!!!!!! Argue this once...

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

NEW FOOTBALL SCHEDULES!!!!!! Argue this once...

Post by Coach »

Creating a mock schedule saying that numbers don't matter...I will even pick teams that aren't major powers. I'll also choose all 4 of the AAAA dist. 6 schools because of being local and they prove my numbers point.

9 game schedule
1. Altoona
2. Hollidaysburg
3. State College
4. Central Mountain
5. Huntingdon
6. Shaler (WPIAL Titan's influences get it done)
7. Norwin (WPIAL AAAA- 1-9 this year)
8. Plum (WPIAL AAAA 2-8 this year)
9. Connellsville (WPIAL AAAA 1-9 this year)

I'd say 1-8...maybe would come from this schedule. I ran out of D6 AAAA schools, so I picked some of the worst WPIAL teams.

AA to AAA matters, but remember program prestige too. Some schools just stink because no one really cares about the sport. I tried to eliminate those options from D6.
Last edited by Coach on April 12th, 2004, 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

NB, Williamsburg, Glendale, Mo Valley, and West Branch's new schedule!!! (allow TMT and Eve to play the same schedule even though they are a bit bigger)

1. Somerset
2. Central
3. Lewistown
4. Indian Valley
5. Bellefonte
6. Johnstown
7. Penn Cambria
8. Central Cambria
9. Central

Again...numbers don't matter??? I picked AAA teams that aren't really that great either. I mean as in year after year after year. No Huntingdon in there...or an even bigger OUCH would be handed out.

Let a good borderline AA schools like Windber play this schedule too. Put CR against these teams...

Get the point? Many don't go .500 and most win 2 or less. Mo and Windber might win 2 or 3 each. Against competition their own size...7-2 or 8-1.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

How do you know how many games each team would win??
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

For hoops purposes...

Want to see Hyndman maybe never win a game again except maybe once in five years? Have them join the LHAC.

Want to see NBC win more than 12 games in hoops once every 10 years....have them join the LHAC.

Put Glendale in the LHAC for football. LOL.

HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

Yeah no kidding and those are extremes too. LHAC is a very tough conference and everyone knows that and how many single A schools are in it (Bishop Carroll) but recruits help that cause!!
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

HOLY CRAP THAT IS WHAT I MEAN.

They would rarely even beat the BAD teams like Central and Somerset.

Size matters...say it doesn't and you are lying to yourself.

Find 10 good athletes in 100. You find 20 in 200.

If you can't do that math...whoops..

HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

Coach,

I am starting to see tears!!So you are saying NB can't win games?? I don't believe that one bit and you are just making excuses for not winning is all i see
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

and I am starting to see a side of you I never knew...

Whatever man.

Take your 10 win team and play AA and AAA schools and let me know what happens.

It is a numbers game. SURE you CAN have good A teams that compete against bigger schools, but it is rare.

If you have 5 WR possibilities out of 100, then you should have 10 out of 200. Normally you will find a better 4 to use out of 200.

You need 5 starting lineman....8 out of 100....you'll find about 16 in 200. Bigger, faster, stronger kids almost always...

Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Coach,

I am starting to see tears!!So you are saying NB can't win games?? I don't believe that one bit and you are just making excuses for not winning is all i see
The tears thing...dumb and ignorant.

Can't win games? Yeah we can win when we play the schools our size. Put us in the LHAC and if you still think we could win, LOL. I mean that is a joke and a half. I am not degrading my players or any other kids, but come on now. They have bigger, better kids because they have more to choose from. NB never even beat Central before and Central hasn't been able to do anything in the LHAC either. NB would go over .500 maybe once every 25 years in that conference.

It is not a putdown of any sorts...It is just a simple truth. We don't have the size and speed those schools have because we don't have enough kids around here. While we might have one kid who is 250 and tough...a team in the LHAC that is AAA will likely have three of those guys. Match up Jami Reighard or Zach Sorrells against those big boys week after week and the 96 team would have had the same number of wins...

LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

And Coach, to help your point along (because I agree 100% with you), use CR as the example. Remember when CR was in the LHAC? They only had one win in football just about every year, and that was against J-town Vo-Tech (who doesn't even have a team now). Now that Ridge is out of that conference, and playing schools that are relative in numbers, you're looking at .500 or better seasons.

And here's another thing to think about. When you have a school playing against larger schools and winning only 1 or 2 games a year, there's another side effect you're not considering. The kids on the fence of going out for football or soccor may end up going out for soccor (gasp!). Now you not only have smaller enrollment #'s, you also have less kids going out for the sport, which means LESS QUALITY PLAYERS to choose from. Coaches can make a difference, but only to the extent of the players they have. Shoemaker was a great coach and it's a shame he's not coaching today. Although, if the Ridge board tried hard enough, maybe they could get him to the western part of the county......

And as for this past season.... If only Ridge and Bedford had played........

There will always be exceptions to the rule, like 'quipa. But by and large Coach is right on the money here. If you're a fisherman, would you rather fish in a pond with 100 bass, or a pond with 200 bass?