NEW FOOTBALL SCHEDULES!!!!!! Argue this once...

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

no
STRAIGHT
LARGE MAN
Junior
Junior

Post by LARGE MAN »

Ridge may think they can compete in the LHAC, but someone with even a little bit of knowledge knows they can't
I EAT A LOT
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Ridge played in the LHAC for 8 years in football. Made the playoffs twice in 96 and 97 with pretty good teams led by Baer, Rhodes, Feathers, and Claar. Weren't competitive year in and year out but had some good seasons. Ridge would compete well in Track, Wrestling, Softball, and Baseball. Basketball and football would be tough to compete every year!

Enrollments: 268 just for boys is a two year abberation. Heck 4 years ago our boys enrollment was 200 only 5 away from A in football and 2001 graduating class was less than 100.
"I'm your huckleberry"
P_E_P_84
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by P_E_P_84 »

at NB graduating class rarely reaches over 100. 2003 was one of the biggest classes with just around 106 students.

my opinion - numbers matter
Be nice to the geeks in your life
odds are you're going to be working for one
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

Southy I remember when they got beat by United in a playoff game when Baer was a senior who did they play the other time they were in??
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Tyrone the next year ('97).
"I'm your huckleberry"
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

If we are playing the numbers game, Bedford should not always be the champ. Whenever Crissey and Gibbons graduated there were 112 in that class.
Numbers fluctuate as do most schools talent level.

Bedford football is not what it had been and may not ever be for one reason----Communism----I mean soccer. There are probably 2 or 3 athletes on the soccer team that could help the football team every year. Add that many good athletes to a team and it makes a difference at the A and AA level.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i think the kids that played soccer over football in bedford would have stayed on the football field had a few certain coaches not quit :lol:
STRAIGHT
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Communism hasn't spread to the ICC yet except at CR, NB, and Everett.

Anyone ever notice how the only schools that have smaller bands than football teams are the private schools???? They really need to do a better job recruiting for their band.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Head Roadie...LOL...have you ever counted the number of band members in a Bedford half time show....
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant