NEW FOOTBALL SCHEDULES!!!!!! Argue this once...

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Nope, I'm usually bs'ing or eating at halftime...All I know is that BG's band numbered "11" one year....was more of a "stage band" than a marching band and half of them were 7th graders. Guess there are no eligibility rules for Varsity Bands!!??
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Good one Bedrock. But wasn't Gibbons taken from the farm team? Maybe Crissey was too, he was from down that way.

The communism of not soccer but the Stalinist organiztion of AYSO is the biggest threat against American sports and the American way of life.

Think about it what's more communist than playing everbody the same, not keeping score, and boys and girls competing together.

Sorry in America we keep score and were capitalists meaning if your the best you play the most!*

*NOTE THIS IS ONLY AYSO, THIS DOES NOT REFLECT SOCCER IN ITS ENTIRITY! (ADDED BY GUNNER)
"I'm your huckleberry"
CRLionDawg
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRLionDawg »

Why run smack on the AYSO philosophy?

There is a stage when skill development should take precedence to winning.

I believe a lot of border line athletes are run out of playing because of an overzealous attitude about winning.
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by foghorn »

Dawg, I've been disagreeing with you most of the last month, but not on your last post. Good point!

Lefty, I was one of those "AYSO commie"s for about 10 years then got deprogrammed, thank God.

Still, we might see you out there one of these years. Stranger things have happened...
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."
-- John Wayne
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

didnt old schools boy quit football to play for the commies?
STRAIGHT
CRLionDawg
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRLionDawg »

I am not sure how Commie, fits in here? AYSO is a model for introducing young children into a sport. It provides an easy to use format for parents to learn about coaching.

It is not a useful vehicle to develop outstanding soccer talent.

Players and parents ned to define what they want to accomplish and then identify the proper forum for it to happen in.
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by foghorn »

I think we're joking, Dawg.
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."
-- John Wayne
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Not really kidding but being overly sarcastic. I have a big problem with AYSO soccer because they philosophy is to brainwash the kids to soccer as soon as possible. When do they start playing AYSO 3 or 4 years old? That started a chain reaction where all other sports started kids out earlier and earlier. It is ridiculous! Kids get burned out quicker because of the over exposure and also soccer is year round with summer, school soccer in the fall and indoor in the winter. I would much rather have like it was when I was in high school. The seasons were defined and their were penalties for coaches who had workout out of season.
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

I'll never be one of those AYSO parent/coaches. My girls are already getting brainwashed by me about the atrocities of the "soccer culture".
"I'm your huckleberry"
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Never say Never Lefty.

In my wildest dreams did I ever imagen myself going to see my son play in a soccer game
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant