NEW FOOTBALL SCHEDULES!!!!!! Argue this once...

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Cheerleader_Flirt
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Cheerleader_Flirt »

southpaw, what is wrong with kids starting out with sport while they are young? Starting younger gives them more skill and if they really enjoy the sport they are going to stick with it. I dont think AYSO's intent was to brainwash kids to soccer. I think their intent was probably more about teaching kids to play soccer and to learn respect for the game. At least the 3 or 4 yr old kids playing AYSO aren't sitting in front of a TV. Starting them out young will give them an advantage when they are older and want to play for a school team because they will already know all about the sport and be able to play it well.
!~*Ally*~!
~DISTRICT 5 SOFTBALL CHAMPS!~
CRLionDawg
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRLionDawg »

All 4 of my kids played AYSO soccer for several years. At that young age that is about all there is available for organized sports. When they became older 2 of them played travel soccer. Today 1 of them still plays travel soccer and will have a shot at playing varsity as a freshman.

Looking back AYSO contributed some to soccer development. You gain some basic skills and learn about the concept of team. You become exposed to a coach. You learn about fans and emotions. And you learn about officials and rules. A lot of good fundamentals that will help you to spring forward as an athlete. Take AYSO out of the picture and those elements dont become evident to you until Little League or older. Plus AYSO is more accessible than some of the other sports, so it develops a sense of self confidence.

Just a few intangibles that I can observe by reflecting.