Northern Bedford

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

Kobebyrant I see you are new to this forum at least your screenname is new. Yes this year is a real down year but all small schools go through this type of cycle. Well most go through it. Football the past three years prior to this one was above .500 and two playoff appearances and flirted with first undefeated season since 1976 and I say flirted because at one point 6-0 and lost two heartbreakers weeks 7 and 8. IS a down year in sports terms and I feel for sure the juniors and sophomores will step it up next season as they seem to be pretty hungry for some success next year. HEy even Bishop carroll was not that good in football prior to about 4 years ago. This web site is open to opinions and you are entitled to yours.
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

Talent is small to none you also say. Very interesting we have had some decent kids athletes come out of here over the years. We are not an athletic factory here but we have produced some good ones. And will continue to produce some good ones also. ALSO glad you are a Kobe fan as things could get interesting for him in about three months.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

This is like the whole PSU debate. A down year (or a few of them even) don't take a whole program down.

Football, basketball, and wrestling at this school will compete with any of D5's elite as a whole.

Some GREAT teams in each and some GREAT individuals in each. We may not have the number of GREAT players, but the quality is right up there.

Rattling off the names is easy...Glasgow (sp?), Jan Clark (4 state finals and 3 championships), Nastasi bros, Mike Johnson, Norman Sollenberger, Coaches King, Ewart, Nastasi, Gironda...The Batzel FAMILY, Travis Brown, Kirk Morningstar, Mark Morningstar (track), Brandon Reasy, Clark (softball), .... You can go young or old, NB has had some terrific ball players and athletes.

Pound for pound...NBC has been OUTSTANDING for our area.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
KobeBryantFan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by KobeBryantFan »

What about baseball, basketball, wrestling? Seems like no solid athletes are coming through not in groups of any like in the past years!! Football plays schools their size so that is no excuse to say they can't win a playoff game or win games for heavensakes. Not many people think on this board before they post so I am not alone. I am just another expert.
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

HEY Kobe I heard NBC has some one for sure football opening. Why dont You PM me and I will get you and application and you can come aboard and help us as you say you are an expert. I am sure NBC would be grateful for your help since we arent winning playoff games and producing any atheltes.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Well it was tough the last few years to win a football playoff game as NB was in it TWICE the last few years. That D5/6 setup had to have been one of the toughest in the state as 7-2 wouldn't always get you in the playoffs. Then you would normally run up against a PRIVATE school. NB lost both playoff games both to top notch teams in BG and LV.

Two years ago the BBall team played for the D5 title.

Last year the baseball team did the same....

I don't get where you are going...

No solid athletes??? How 'bout these ones...
Mark Morningstar (state medalist in track as a junior...hurt this year)
Brandon Reasy (3 TOP 5 finishes at states, UPJ)
Brandon Bowser (starting CF for D1 baseball, James Madison...great summer ball player too in bigtime leagues for our area)
Randy Dicken (DOMINATING Pitcherat Shippensburg...will get drafted..was one time already)
Dustin Swindell (went to states and is wrestling for D1 Lock Haven)
Shane Suter (ALL-STATE football and playing baseball at Allegany)

Those are all names from the last 2-3 years or so. If they don't live up to your standards...sorry. Small A schools statewide aren't sending a bunch of guys to play D1 football or basketball. Your only shot there if you are from PA is basically if you live in the WPIAL area. District 5/6 A and AA only produces a D1 player in those sports once every 5-6 years probably.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

I moved this topic to football since it really isn't about baseball, and there aren't many new posts in football so this was just a better place for it in my opinion.

Baseball is in season and being discussed....football isn't...so this more general topic can be moved here to avoid cluttering the baseball forum.

Hope ya understand...if not....oh well. :lol:

Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

We understand you moving this thread coach, but KobeBryantFan might not he apparently has short term memory only.
KobeBryantFan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by KobeBryantFan »

Please Send me an application so I can atleast get a shot at the coaching job since this is a power house factory and I want to be involved in it
thepalerider
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by thepalerider »

I dont agree with bashing an entire school district, or critcizing student athletes. Usually kids arent playing sports in high school to get the pay check. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Coach I dont think you can compare PSU to NB. Both have ritch tradition. My personal opinion is that the football team would have been better if it wasnt for key injuries. The baseball and basketball teams are very young, so that game with that game experience it could be a different story next season. Year in Year out the baseball team is in the playoffs, and i think that coach gable is doing a fine job with these young men, i couldnt think of a better coach and guy to be the skipper for that team. The basketball team has had some tough times but year in year out they play decent basketball. You cant compare NB to Carroll their isnt no comparison, however, we arent competing at them either. NB football is rich in tradition, playoffs 2 years ago, and last year possibly without injuries could have been a pretty good team. Hopefully, this year with the return of D5, NB can bring another title home, time will tell. Sorry I didnt touch on the track program dont really know alot about it, however, I do know that years ago, there were no wins at all, now it has come around!

I AGREE with you on this coach, but psu still stinks! holla