The Pride of Being a Northern Bedford Panther....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
thepalerider
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by thepalerider »

Ike I fully understand that it has been a tough year for the sports. However, if it were me i would be doing ANYTHING in my power to make sure that it doesnt repeat its self next year. The quote about fans, I played varsity baseball and i cant remember when more than 20 people ever showed up for a game and we didnt have anymore than 3 losses in a year when I played.

Another thing that i find alarming is that fact that you want a good luck over the PA, i dont understand that, if your playing a big game that should be the last thing on your mind. You shouldnt need that to modivate you, however you should get modivated by looking at your teammates and the desire they have for success.

Finally, I am totally against fans that are there when your winning and gone when your not. I agree with you there sometimes its rough when people dont show up to watch. If you win your gonna pack the house, fans want to be associated with success and I think that its terrible, but it is a fact. If you do everything to get better this summer, go to every workout, run the whole summer, be a leader and get the kids who arent there to get there, the fans will take care of themselves.
mws24
Freshman
Freshman

Post by mws24 »

As a former NB grad. I am also a little discouraged about the way the sports seasons have gone this year. I have followed this group of kids since they came from the womb. The talent IS definitely there but the lack of doing the little things to win falls short. Joking around about a loss or admitting loss before a game even starts is something I find uncalled for. I have heard it from the players first hand at athletic events. This junior class soon to be seniors if FULL of talent. Players like, Kilgore, Shauf, Rodland, Ike, Wagners, to name a few are very talented players, but the confidence is not there. You guys have to believe WITHOUT a doubt that you can get the job done. Doing the fundamentals or little things gets the jobs done. I know the coaches teach the fundamentals of each sport but it takes the player with the right attitude to execute them. And most of all remember that together you are ONE. It takes a team to be successful not an individual. You all have to be on the same page at practices as well as games. Always know what the other is thinking and react upon that. Work together as one unit. I agree with the others it starts with the summer programs and it takes the dedication and desire to do it. And when that happens you will see a world of difference during the games. You play the way you practice. Sounds corny but very true. Believe me there are a lot of people that love to watch NB sports and we support you guys 110%. So don't ever think that the fans aren't behind you because we are. Yeah, it's tough to win every game but a loss is something that is going to happen and when it does do the little things to correct the mistakes so they don't happen again. So as this summer fast approaches make strides to dedicate yourself as well as your teammates to be the best you can be. Bond together as one and you will see a world of difference. Be enthusiastic about playing and your attitudes will change as well. Dedicate yourselves to the programs and it will be a great senior year for you guys. We'll be following your success.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Well said...

It's not like the programs are going to the crapper or anything. I didn't want to sound like that. It is just that I can't remember when the boys sports at NB had this bad of a year as a whole. I just don't want to see it become a trend, so I made a post about it. I can't wait til next year!
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

Well said and it is ALL about the attitude of student-athletes in this area and it is pretty sad but lack of attitude is the right word. Nobody seems to have the wants to become a great player. There are a lot sacrfices that have to be made to be a great player!!