CHS Ast. coaches

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CRLionDawg
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRLionDawg »

You know Gunner for a HS kid you have a lot of well thought out ideas. Way to represent.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Gunner...You are correct about Edinboro's learning disabilities program and that is the reason he chose 'boro over other DII schools. He did visit Hawaii and had other DI interest...he was checked out by DI schools (several) but his grades and character and work ethic were in question (from what I've been told). So it's not like he chose Edinboro over DI...he didn't...he just never received any firm offers. He was your prototype Div I athlete with a lot of questions that made him a risk. Turns out the DI people made the right choice as he only lasted months at 'boro before trouble followed him.

The point I would like to make is that this is not fertile recruiting ground by any means. By the same token their are a few kids in the D5-6 area every year who are worth a look and my list contains those who ARE ON SCHOLARSHIP at those schools. Some of the SC kids that I didn't list who are going to PSU may not be on scholarship...that's why I didn't list them in the first place. My second point is that if you are good enough, and warrant a look, they will come. Not a strong football recruiting area but it doesn't mean DI's don't check some things out for that occassional diamond in the rough. Heck they found Fred Glasgow at N.Bedford in the early 70's before technology and communication was even close to what it is today. JoPa, Johnny Majors, etc. were all in the halls of NB.

It's just like anything else...recruiters are thorough...want to do a good job, if you think they don't know about kids because they are from a rural area, whether it be in W.Va, Tenn, or South Central Pa, your crazy.
thepalerider
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by thepalerider »

I wasnt trashing the kid i just couldnt believe he chose edinboro over d1 schools
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

I know the man pretty well (Benbow) and I know for a fact he didn't take a D-II school over D-I schools. That would be like playing for the JDawgs instead of the Steelers!! Have a clue Gunner before you open your mouth again!