CHS Ast. coaches

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

actually we know this isn't a breeding ground for D1 athletes. It is however not terrible either....
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

I'm sure there have been over a half dozen D-IA schools in BHS this spring. I will venture to say that Bedford will have 3 I-A's sign in the next two years.
Not too bad.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Hollywood says ..."others you can count on your one hand!! Get the point. Recruiters don't waste time when they don't have to with an area!! Small schools recruit this area and that is all. I know it is hard for some of you to take but that is just hard nose facts."

Others for us to count on one hand include:

J.B. Gibboney, Huntingdon; Ryan Resula, McCort; Doug Roseberry, Tyrone-ALL AT PITT

Robbie Gould, Cent. Mtn; Lee Kuzemchak, Penns Manor; Brandon Perretta, Altoona; Curt Reese, Bellefonte- ALL AT PSU

Jon Condo, Phillipsburg-Maryland
Anthony Piccioni- B.Carroll-Navy
Brian Shope, Portage-Marshall

Count em Hollywood...."10" And I don't have 10 fingers on one hand and I'm not counting the 4-5 State College HS players on PSU's roster either! Get the point?

Not saying this is fertile recruiting ground but D5-6 has at least 5-10 kids per year that warrant at least a look....At least 15 of them (and I may be missing a few) have latched on at the DI-A level over the past 4 years and one is already signed (LaRod-Pitt) for next year. That's averaging nearly 4 per year that are DI players and chances are a few more warranted looks but maybe ended up I-AA or II like Crookshank from BC.

Just some "hard nosed facts" I thought that would interest you and others.

Something tells me recruiters will be coming here to see players from Tyrone, Bedford, Huntingdon, Altoona, State College, BC, and a smattering of others in the next couple years as well. So somebody is "wasting time hanging out around here" that's for sure.
theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theoneandonly »

Also the kicker from McCort that went to Wisconsin and Chad Shoemaker from Bedford is playing at D1 AA Morehead State...
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

If I went into I-AA we would be at 25+ I'm sure.....Two more to add to I-A are Stewart Sampsell, Bellefonte and QB at U. of Buffalo and Jon Stupar State College TE now at U.Virginia.

We're up to 13...we now need three hands...and as I said earlier, there are at least 5 S.Coll. HS players on PSU roster....that's 18 (4 hands needed to count) not great, but probably better than most people on the surface would realize and that's my point.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

well hollywood did go to west virginia so down there who knows...mayb they do actually have 18 fingers on one hand

and u mite as well forget about posting statistical facts, they just dont exist in his tiny little dream world where he is king and WVU his queen
STRAIGHT
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Is Heffilfinger (I think that is it) from Laurel Valley still at PSU?

Sean Shannon could have gone D1A, but chose to stay close to home at IUP with mother. He was also hindered by that heat stroke that almost killed him or he would have had more offers I'm sure.

I know that Nedimyer was a QB at Delaware and that one of their other DL was going to play DL at Richmond (again, I think).
Captain Coveman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Captain Coveman »

Coach, Vince Nedimyer was a quarterback at Rhode Island
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

bill benbow had offers from all over the place but chose to go to Edinboro because of certain circumstances.
STRAIGHT
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

How many on full scholarship? Heck all you bleachercoaches on here could walk-on at D-IA. Get the point?? I am talking about this area as far as not St. College and all the middle of the state recruits, just about 50 mile radius!! Gunner, you can talk trash all you want at WVU but you better pack a lunch and dinner if you ever go there, because it is all you can handle and a lot more.