CHS Ast. coaches

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

im just messin around h-wood, in all seriousness, WVU is a d*mn good school to go to and i would not be ashamed at all to have a degree from there, but we all know that everyone makes fun of WV for being an incest state and what not so i find it hard to believe that we can have all this talk about them and not one single joke about it
STRAIGHT
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

That is cool Gunner, I got you
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

D5 and 6 was all that was listed....that is our area and the focus of this site.

Walk-ons weren't listed, I don't believe, because if they were then we could have names like the guy from Bedford at WVU. We didn't list those though...
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by foghorn »

Hey, Hollywood -- what's the oldest walk-on for Div. IA? I'm only 53. You've got me psyched up, man. I'm ready!
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."
-- John Wayne
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

Ha, ha, ha. I think that is a bit old for a walkon, your time clock starts when you enter college play or not playing!! Coach, then Heck Pittsburgh can run from north to south borders of PA and Harrisburg to Philly is a region. Heck why don't you just claim all of PA and say it is around this area. All those guys are not on scholarship either that are posted above!! How many All-Time Bedford County players have played D-IA on Full Ride?
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Recruiters don't waste time when they don't have to with an area!!
We were talking area...I'd assume that to be all these schools within 45 mins-1hr of the NBC school?? I mean NB plays teams up there...CHS plays teams in the LHAC, and Hollidaysburg plays State College, Altoona, and Central Mt. (All within close proximity around here).

Yeah we know the recruiters aren't hanging out at Claysburg, NB, Williamsburg, etc...but they are other places around here and have shown that if needed they can find the guys at these small schools. NB has had a couple and a place like Juniata Valley had a PSU bball player. Pittsburgh is an area as big as the area I am talking about basically. The WPIAL and City league aren't all within 5 mins of each other. I consider 5/6 a cluster with closer to the same number of schools as the WPIAL, etc...
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

The point is proven, that recruiters are not drooling over this area!! Get the point??? I could take one team in Atlanta, GA/all Texas teams/All Florida teams and have more D-IA players than the whole D5/D6 area!! Bet me please!!
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

glad to c ur looking for quantity and not quality...i could be wrong but didnt the all-time scorer for boys basketball in the entire STATE of PA come some noname worthless school in the worthless district5/6 region? the more u badmouth this area, the more u badmouth urself and u dont even realize it.

and thank you for specifing that Atlanta was infact in GA....couldnt have gotten that one on my own
STRAIGHT
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Holly is right though.Not a knock on this area,but Big time schools don't bother with an area with a few recruits when they can hit an airport in a larger area and talk to dozens of d-1 type kids.It's just the way the "arms race" is at that level.There are your local boy does good stories,but that is usually because their parents and family put in some work and travel to get an offer.That's how the big LB from H-don blew out a knee last year,he was on a summer camp tour of d-1 schools trying to get an offer.Mark Wyland from Tyrone did the same thing summer of '97 and destroyed his knee.He too ended up at a D-1AA school where he started for 3 years but wouldn't have even gotten a sniff if he didn't do the leg work.We currently have a few guys toying with the thought of camping it this summer,but at least they are aware,they have to have a senior year to go on to college.But that's another topic.......bottom line,Holly,you may rub some folks wrong but I agree in principle.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

THe point is EA and others that are agreeing...We KNOW that recruiters aren't making it a point to come here, etc. WE KNOW IT WE KNOW IT WE KNOW IT.

If this was a hoops mecca then Holly may have been able to go D1 in hoops. If this was a football mecca we'd see more guys go D1 from our area.

I just get mad at these knocks knowing, as the others here know, that Holly applied for the CHS job. He was also in line to help at Bedford. Now give me a freaking break. Bash all you want to and say how you wouldn't come here and this and that....you TRIED to get on, would have been on at BHS if it wasn't for your job.

I just find it hilarious, and I can't deal with all the put downs on the area. I find it extremely humorous that Holly's posts, although he probably doesn't realize it...are exactly like W Titan's were whenever the two of them were fighting. Taking knocks on the area as if we don't know this isn't the heaven of sports. People will say guys are great, etc because they can be "great" for this area. Example: AJ Nastasi was a great basketball player. Now, the people from around here may agree. Tell that to someone who isn't from here and they probably don't know one thing about AJ's basketball and they would say great compared to what. Kobe? Nah, nowhere near the same level so don't say great! Get the point....
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches