CHS Ast. coaches

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Hey

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Watch what you say abt WT...

My posts are nowhere near as arrogant and condescending as Hwood's. He's the new champ!!!

WT
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Yeah I know...I am just talking about the "go look other places" mentality. We KNOW there are other places as I said before, but this is a D5/6 forum...and due to our geographic location a majority of the people here are also PSU fans.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Hnmmm

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Speaking of District 5/6, who would be teh athlete of teh year in that region?

My pick would be DAVE MOCK, Weesty's outstanding distance runner.

PIAA AA champ in XC, potential 3200m champ (we'll see tomorrow AM), and will run at D1 William and Mary College.

Runner-up would be LaRod, but if he performs well next fall, he's a shoe-in for the AOY in 2005.

WT
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

That would make for an interesting topic WT...

Mock- Westy
Scott- JV
Tate- Tyrone
LaRod- Jtown

You would also have to decide if it was overall, A and AA or what. Altoona, SC, Bellefonte, Huntingdon....that would make it much tougher to decide.

Probably several other worthy "candidates", but I have to get going. This might make a neat thread...
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Cost of computer....$1950.00

monthly internet bill...$29.95

Hollywoods words of wisdom...priceless
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Word on the street is that WVU has offered Turkovich and will hope to sign him on the 6th. Also I know four Bisons are headed to Indiana (Big 10) which is not a powerhouse but is I-A and one will probably come home with an offer.
That's two full rides with one or two more from Bedford probably coming the next year.

Keith Williams was offered by alot of ACC schools, but chose a partial scholarship at Clemson (where I believe he was also offered full to play football). Foghorn could probably confirm this.
Not sure Benbow was offered. He was Prop 48. I know Hawaii wanted him though.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Getting to WT question,my vote would be for Jake Strayer for AOY for our area.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
deliverance
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deliverance »

I agree with Eaglealum. Definitely has to be Jake Strayer. The kid is a machine. Does anyone know how many state medals he ended up with? I know for sure 2 1st's and 1 3rd in wrestling. I'm pretty sure he placed multiple times in track and cross country too.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

I think he had a shot at like 10 state medals over his career.

9-12 he placed in wrestling--4 medals
cross country and track--He has to have at least 3 or 4 heading into this year's meet.

He would get it hands down regardless of class, etc I think.

HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

It is very true about what Eagle Alum said. Now it is coming from another person other than me. I can put down this area if I chose to. I know of good players that rarely come out of it, but you guys think it is so awesome and there are no other places out there. Get the Point? All I am saying is broaden your knowledge before shooting your mouth off. Some select few have come from this area and performed well in the D-IA ranks, but heck blind dogs find bones once and a while!!