the finals

Ladies of the Diamond
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

im still trying to figure out why the game was played at bedford, i know they try to go for a neutral location, but for crying out loud, there has to b a better place to play than bedford...then again ive never really paid much attention to any softball fields before and bedford may b the best around, but in my opinion it sucks.
STRAIGHT
CRLionDawg
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRLionDawg »

Everett has a nice softball field. Chestnut Ridge isnt that bad either. Other than the portable fence.
softballfan04
Freshman
Freshman

Post by softballfan04 »

Everett has a horrible field. The infield is very uneven and they have large lips around the base boxes for the base runners to jump over. I have never been to Bedfords or Chestnut Ridge fields. But there are many nice fields in District 5. Shanksville or Windbers fields would have been much nicer to play on than Everett. Turkeyfoot has field that I have heard holds water very well and it is hardly ever rained out.
arssites
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by arssites »

I think Turkeyfoot's field is horrible. Yes, it does hold water well but that's because it is a bunch of little rocks. You slide and people have to dig the rocks out of your legs.
Men forget everything; women remember everything. That's why men need instant replays in sports. They've already forgotten what happened.
POWER HOUSE
Freshman
Freshman

Post by POWER HOUSE »

OK, FIRST OF ALL WHY DO PEOPLE GET ON HERE AND TALK ABOUT STUFF THEY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT REALLY YOU SHOULD JUST NOT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. MAN DOES THAT EVER BOTHER ME, BEDFORD HAS A GREAT FIELD ONE OF THE BEST FIELDS AROUND THATS WHY ALOT OF TEAMS PLAY THEIR PLAYOFF GAMES THERE. EVERETT NEVER HEARD OF HAVING GRASS FOR AN INFIELD
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

OK, FIRST OF ALL WHY DO PEOPLE GET ON HERE AND TALK IN ALL CAPS REALLY YOU SHOULD JUST USE LOWER CASE. MAN DOES THAT EVER BOTHER ME. BEDFORD'S FIELD IS CRAPPY, I KNOW BECAUSE I GO TO BEDFORD! I PLAY SOCCER ON THAT FIELD EVERY FALL, IM AT TRACK MEETS RITE BESIDE THAT FIELD EVERY SPRING...I THINK I KNOW WHAT CONDITION ITS IN. IM JUST SAYING THAT THEY DONT HAVE DUGOUTS OR A SCOREBOARD, AND THE OUTFIELD HAS THAT BIG DROP OFF JUST OUTSIDE THE 3RD BASE FOUL LINE. NOW MAYBE IT IS THE BEST OR ONE OF THE BEST FIELDS AROUND, BUT FRANKLY I THINK ITS TERRIBLE AND IF IT IS THE BEST, THEN THE OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE AREA REALLY NEED TO THINK ABOUT WHERE THEY INVEST THERE MONEY!
STRAIGHT
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Getting back to the title topic, Congrats to the Bald Eagle Area girls softball team, for winning their way into the state finals. Geez, if only the Lady Rangers had turned that force play or DP at second base!
CRLionDawg
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRLionDawg »

Come on Gunner.

Books or a grass infield? You make the call.