Keystone Games

Ladies of the Diamond
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Keystone Games

Post by Sneakers »

A bunch of 13 and 14 year old softball players are currently in eastern Pa. going for success in the Keystone games. The girls are from NBC, Everett, Claysburg, Central, one from Hyndman and I think one from Chestnut Ridge. they beat everyone in their 4 team pool on August 4 & 5 (3 games) and will see if they can get a medal today. BRING HOME THE GOLD GIRLS!
deliverance
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Keystone Games

Post by deliverance »

Any word on how they did today?
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

Just checked the site for updates and no results from today can be found
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

Congrats girls...Silver is a great accomplishment...a long time till spring and high school ball but I can't wait!
sportsrus
Trophy King
Trophy King

Post by sportsrus »

The ECCH Panther girls U14 keystone team won the quarterfinal round this morning, 10-run ruling the Mountain Top Extremes. This was a must to advance to the medal round. At noon, the girls rallied to beat the Mount Union Sidewinders, 6-4. That win advanced the girls to the gold medal game, but they came up short in a heartbreaking 1-0 loss against Alle-Kiski.

It was a great experience, for this group of local athletes who normally compete against each other, to come together as a team and perform so well against quality competition and bring home a silver medal.

Way to go Girls!!
Central - Ashley Grace Piper
Claysburg - Teeny Claar, Monica Iachini, Marissa Leslie
Chestnut-Ridge - Marianne Farnan
Everett - Macy Foor, Amy Miller, Andrea Layton
Hyndman - Amanda Shaffer
NBC - Brittany Bowser, April Hammel, Toni Zimmerman, Kelsey Barton, Brooke Over, Danis Kilgore
CRLionDawg
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRLionDawg »

Any word on how Kohlslaw et al are doing on the baseball team they are playing on?
sportsrus
Trophy King
Trophy King

Post by sportsrus »

Front row: Brittany Bowser, Monica Iachini, April Hammel, Amanda Shaffer, Danis Kilgore.

Middle Row: Marissa Leslie, Toni Zimmerman, Christina Claar, Marianne Farnan, Amy Miller.

Back Row: Kelsey Barton, Macy Foor, Coach Al Drenning, Brooke Over, Ashley Piper, Coach Joe Over, Coach Michelle (Perdew) Reichart
kohlslaw5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kohlslaw5 »

Laurel Highlands Keystone boys baseball team went winless in 5 games. I believe three of our losses were by 1 or 2 runs. Local Representatives included Dylan Snowberger, Catcher from NBC; Seth Roy, Shortstop, Third Baseman and Pitcher from Bedford; David Dudukovich, second baseman also from Bedford: Kelbi Berg, Pitcher, First and Third Baseman from Chestnut Ridge; Mark Saxman, Outfielder from Chestnut Ridge; and Josh Kohler (myself), second baseman, Shortstop, and Third Baseman also from Chestnut Ridge.
The level of competition was pretty good as was expected. The boy's tournament used wooden bats, which made things pretty interesting.
I believe Blue Mountain took gold, Lehigh Valley placed 2nd, and Great Lakes received the Bronze.
It was a fun experience nonetheless and I look forward to trying out for Scholastic division teams in the future.
[marq=up]Image[/marq]

I am CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

Thanks to the baseball guys who represented our area as well.
CRLionDawg
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRLionDawg »

Good job Slaw. Any plans for offseason training? There are some good workout regimens and camps that would help you along.