Bringing back the draft?

Discuss all political matters here!
CoachK
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Bringing back the draft?

Post by CoachK »

All of you seniors in high school, just calm down. President Bush has no desire to bring back the draft, nor is there any need to. So CTTrackster you may want to reconsider your choice for places to be drafted. You might want to look at UCLA or Miami maybe even LSU. Relax guys, your safe.
Last edited by CoachK on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Kerry and the democrats will say and do anything to win. The media will help them and even cheat for them!
Last edited by southpaw on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

I'll second that. The same thing went on during the first gulf war the democrats ran the draft scare to undermine Pres. Bush I support for the first Gulf War.
Last edited by southpaw on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm your huckleberry"
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

Gunner, thats why there are these people called parents. It all starts at home. Reinstating the draft for that purpose would do nothing but put the the responsibility of "cleaning up" Americas youth to the armed forces. In my opinion like i said before, it all starts at home. I realize that i have no room to talk because i'm not a parent, but the responsibility falls on the parents to show their children how to make the right choices.
Last edited by Roadie on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i couldnt agree with you more roadie, but the parents have obvioulsy failed...just look at the police reports some day and tell me how many people under the age of 21 you see in there, its quite shocking actually. when kids get to the age to be drafted and they are still screw ups, then the parents arent going to do a thing about it to help them. this is where sending them to the military comes in handy....it doesnt even have to be the real military, just send them to a job-corps type thing for 2 years, one that teaches discipline and responsibility...i think youll find that this would help out the economy tremendously.

also southpaw,
"Kerry and the democrats will say and do anything to win. The media will help them and even cheat for them!"
"I'll second that. The same thing went on during the first gulf war the democrats ran the draft scare to undermine Pres. Bush I support for the first Gulf War."

i know your from peanut hill, so im gonna give ya a little slack here, BUT, did you just second YOURSELF?
Last edited by Gunner18 on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
STRAIGHT
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

The only reason parents and anyone else fails is because they give up. Just because a kid makes a few wrong decisions doesn't mean that he or she is a screw up for life. Like you said, there are many out there that are still making stupid decisions well after they are out of their parents control. But while they are still living off of their parents and in their house, the parents still have control if they choose to use it. But anyway, I can see this turning into something besides a discussion on the draft. Good points though....

hahaha, I think he did second himself. Now thats being confident in ones decision.
Last edited by Roadie on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by foghorn »

I think Lefty is inventing new ways of talking here on BC. Unless he's trying to build up his post total to make up for his silence during his "farmer man" summer.
Last edited by foghorn on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."
-- John Wayne
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

I got it Lefty!!
Last edited by Bedrock on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Last edited by old school on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

[quote="foghorn";p="62636"]Bush and Cheney are both negative about the draft, but I think a black congressman (Rangel(sp?) has some sort of bill going on mainly to protest inequities in the system that he doesn't make very clear. I saw him on TV the other day and I was completely confused by his assertions.[/quote]

foghorn - this is correct. The congressman putting the out the bill to bring back the draft is a DEMOCRAT from New York, Charlie Rangel (sp?). But the Democrats still twist that to be a Republican idea. It was voted down yesterday. I'm not sure what the exact votes were, but I know that most (if not all) Republicans voted against it.

President Bush and VP Cheney want an all volunteer army. Bush has stuck to his convictions the entire 4 years as President, and he's not going to move away from his convictions on this issue either.
Last edited by LionPride on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.