Bush/Lincoln

Discuss all political matters here!
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Bush/Lincoln

Post by foghorn »

Are you Bushies in 7th heaven yet because of John Topper's column in the Gazette comparing Bush to Lincoln?
Last edited by foghorn on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."
-- John Wayne
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bush/Lincoln

Post by LionPride »

I'm just waiting for you start bashing John Topper now.

I like how Dems promote free speech and then complain when the speech doesn't go their way.

Kind of like the yard sign stealing going on now. I have only heard of Bush/Cheney signs being replaced with Kerry/Edwards, not the other way around. My neighbors and I placing a sign in our yards is our right, but liberals want to silence that. Go figure.
Last edited by LionPride on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by foghorn »

What in God's name are you talking about, Lefty? I'm just making an observation about a well-written piece that I thought some of you guys would appreciate. It would be a great column to use for a classroom discussion. Plus, if I disagree with Topper, I'll tell him to his face -- not on BC, which he doesn't read. That's what I've been doing for the 35 years I've known him.

Hey, the sign stealing goes on for both sides -- always has. Last few elections I've had Dick Hess signs stolen from my front yard -- see, I don't vote straight tickets -- never have -- Rendell signs stolen and destroyed, and this year my Kerry/Edwards signs have twice been thrown in the culvert. Don't make these goofy statements about liberals wanting to silence people. Those that are trying to do that betray the liberal sobriquet. There are misguided conservatives out there doing the same dang thing.

You and your blanket generalizations!
Last edited by foghorn on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- John Wayne
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

foghorn, last I checked I was right-handed.

Your screeching is getting louder. Keep it up.
Last edited by LionPride on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Ya foggy I get blamed enough for stuff I actually do.

At least I haven't heard of any Kerry/Edwards headquarters getting shot up or vanalized.

What about the "liberal thugs" bashing people waiting to see "Stolen Honor"? Didn't hear of any riots to prevent people from seeing "Farhenheit 9/11. Ya the GOP is really disenfranchising the voters. Gimmie a break!
Last edited by southpaw on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm your huckleberry"
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

Great point southpaw. How about the furor from the liberals about the movie Stolen Honor? How about the army of lawyers trying to keep it from being shown? Where's the promotion of free speech?

Don't give me some bull about the movie being a right wing propaganda tool. Moore's movie of lies was the same for the left.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Kind of reminds of "The Night of the Long Knives" in Nazi Germany. I guess my Rush and O'Reilly books are going to be burned. Or maybe I'll be burned at the stake for being a heretic. Most likely be imprisoned as "political prisoner" in some gulag in Alaska! If Kerry is elected were in real trouble people. The bill of rights will be replaced with Mao's "little red book". Instead of Macy's Thankgiving parade we'll be goosestepping in a military parade dressed in smocks with tanks and missles down to Times Square and Komrade Katie Couric dressed like Uncle Joe carrying red banners with pictures of Kerry and the Clintons on them!
Last edited by southpaw on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm your huckleberry"
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

You forgot about Teddy. How could you forget about Teddy? :lol:
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by foghorn »

Southpaw -- you're the one supporting a Fascist like John Ashcroft who would love to have a variety of things burned

Moore didn't force a third of the TV stations in the country to show his film.

No democatic president will take anybody's gun or free speech away. As for Rush and O'Reilly, their books are going just like their authors: spontaneous combustion.
-- John Wayne
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

[quote="foghorn";p="67137"]Moore didn't force a third of the TV stations in the country to show his film.

No democatic president will take anybody's gun or free speech away. As for Rush and O'Reilly, their books are going just like their authors: spontaneous combustion.[/quote]

No, Moore didn't force them to show his film. The liberal media was glad to do it. However, he is trying to force Sinclair Broadcasting to show equal time of his film if Stolen Honor is shown. In your own words, a third of the TV stations have already shown his film, so why can't Sinclair show Stolen Honor. Why are the liberals trying to suppress this free speech? Answer that foghorn.

http://www.stolenhonor.com

If Kerry won't take your guns, then why did he vote to ban the 11-87 and other semi-automatic weapons? If that gun is banned, I turn from a law abiding citizen to a criminal overnight. What are people going to do with their high powered deer rifles if he is able to get the center fire ammo ban? Let them collect dust in their gun safes because they can no longer buy the ammo? These are all things he voted for foghorn, and he would sign them into law in a minute. Kerry is wrong for Pennsylvania and our country.