Who are going to be the better teams

Ladies of the Diamond
ringmaster
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Who are going to be the better teams

Post by ringmaster »

What about ridge? they went undefeated last year. are they going to be as good...better...worse?
SoftballRocket6
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SoftballRocket6 »

I think Fannett-Metal will do good. I know from experience that they're a good team to play and with their coach, they could get better. The girls are awesome to play with... Although I think they need their touch-ups but who doesn't?? It is certainly an improvement from past years.

I agree that speed in pitching is important but if you can move the ball around the plate and keep the batters guessing... Although in the 2nd and 3rd inning the batters will catch up to your speed and thats where the accuracy is needed. But you MUST have the defense behind you at all times. So I think whoever has a solid defense and good pitching will come out on top... Good Luck to all teams!

I will be looking forward to hearing how the games are later in the year.
EHSlonibelle08
Freshman
Freshman

Post by EHSlonibelle08 »

to jckwhet.. um, jerrica smith is a GREAT pitcher for everett and coming up sooner or later is andrea layton, who is also awesome! trust me, they both can bring the heat.. ! talk about good pitchers..
Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
waterfilter2
Freshman
Freshman

Post by waterfilter2 »

[quote="juniatalax07";p="79719"]with such great coaches, everett is bound to win something eventually...district 5 atleast. when are we going to see another NB dynasty like Joe Over built a few years ago... the panthers miss the pitching, and they havnt ever had speed...one very fatal flaw in tight games, especially playoffs[/quote]

Are you speaking of pitching speed or baserunning speed? If it's the latter of the two, I'd have to disagree with you. Either way, I don't believe that it was an accurate statement.
soccerchick184
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by soccerchick184 »

Ridge only lost two seniors, so they should do well again this year.
Chestnut Ridge Lions...let's step it up a notch this year! 8)

"My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging." - Hank Aaron

"To succeed...you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you." - Tony Dorsett
Kapeesh
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Kapeesh »

i think everett will have a good year and tussey will have a bad year
untill next time...Z "Just when I'm out, they pull me back in..."

"Smalls, your killing me here"
InDepthCoverage
Freshman
Freshman

Post by InDepthCoverage »

I noticed alot of people are going with Everett and Southern, and they are both very strong teams, but don't forget about the D5 champions at Fannett-Metal, they did only lose one senior last year.
14:59
juniatalax07
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by juniatalax07 »

waterfilter...i was speaking of northern's baserunning speed. besides a few standouts (britta snowberger), the NB softball team has always had speed problems. in fact, NB lost its state final four game in 2002 only because their opponents were much faster. NB had better pitching and hitting but a bunt and badly fielded flair into the outfield lost them the game.
juniatalax07
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by juniatalax07 »

water...also NB has had some great speed in pitching...mainly just a few years ago with their standout Shawna Clark.
justacoach
Freshman
Freshman

Post by justacoach »

EHSlonibelle08, I am sorry. It takes more than speed to make a great pitcher. Anyone can throw a ball. Some throw harder than others, but it is what you do with the ball that distinguishes a pitcher from a thrower. Unfortunately, most are throwers, because that is what they are taught. You can have all the speed in the world, but sooner or later they will catch up with ya. Pitching wins games, pitching and defense wins championships!!!!!! Good luck to all teams.