Does Joe gotta go?

The name says it all!
Derabasse
Senior
Senior

Post by Derabasse »

It would be dumb for Scott to transfer now, he might not have played as much as he should have this year, but he will start next year. So it would be pointless for him to waste a year like that. Just wondering where did you hear this rumor from?
"DERABASSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" - CPA
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

Why dont we start a topic of why Bill Cower has to go. Come on he hasnt been undefeated in forever and has yet to win a Super Bowl. And the team is 3-7 this year. Lets just remove all of Western Pennsylvania football coaches and start from scratch eh. :evil:
bison1
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by bison1 »

Let's just remove plexiglass and let cower work his magic with guys who can catch the ball. Cower is a good coach, and he's won a lot of games in his career, and he's the 4th youngest coach in the NFL. Cower stays, he'll get better...plex goes, he'll always be bad.
CuteSoftbllChick
Junior
Junior

Post by CuteSoftbllChick »

Does Joe need to go or some of his assistants??
CPA
Junior
Junior

Post by CPA »

Ever since Sandusky left, I've questioned PSU's defensive schemes. I see no reason why PSU shouldn't get a new and better def. coordinator. I think Ganter's ok. He's stayed with the program a long time and had an offer to coach at Michigan in 94 but decided to stay with Joe. Also, in the mid-90s, PSU lost it's o-line coach and the o-line hasn't been impressive ever since. The coaches will get better too. You can't replace Sandusky's experience right away. The time will come when PSU is back on top.
BillyWhiteShoesJohnson
Senior
Senior

Post by BillyWhiteShoesJohnson »

I think Tom Bradley (Def. Coordinator) is really settling into his role at PSU. The D has really played well this year. Number one against the pass, suspect run D, but they are undersized. I think next year u will see Bradley and his D continue to mature and get better.

As for the O-line... something needs 2 be done here. It seems like PSU gets some of the top recruits from PA on the line every year, and they're line basically sucks every year of the past five or so (except last years senior laden squad). I think penn state could be dominant next year as they only have 2 replace 4 starters on offense and 2 on defense.
Small Feeet, Small Feeet!
Derabasse
Senior
Senior

Post by Derabasse »

Actually Whiteshoes they have to replace 4 on Defense, Toles,Capone,Gardner,Yisreal. It's ok though because they have Pozslusny to replace Capone.
"DERABASSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" - CPA
bison1
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by bison1 »

We all know it doesn't matter who is coming back next year because the team MVP will be returning...Chris Harrel from the Neptunes, eh Whiteshoes? lol...
BillyWhiteShoesJohnson
Senior
Senior

Post by BillyWhiteShoesJohnson »

Lol thats right bison, him and the machine Chisley and his good friend Posluzny (as mentioned by Basse) will tear it up.

Yeah i musta had a brain lapse on the Defensive numbers but a lettwinner is comin back at each position on D... Posluzny for capone, harrell for yisreal, phillips for gardner, and TC cosby for Toles
Small Feeet, Small Feeet!
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Penn State: the future is now

Post by foghorn »

I would argue that the PSU-MSU game this Saturday is really important for the Lions because it will set the tone for the offseason as well as next year. If they go up there and tank or play stupid it'll be hard for a lot of us to get excited about the future. Does anybody agree with me.
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."
-- John Wayne