Does Joe gotta go?

The name says it all!
captain dean
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by captain dean »

i'm feeling bad for joe paterno. His players are terrible. They always seem so much slower and miss tackles. They're always finding a way to screw something up. I cant remember the last time i saw them make a field goal. Its nice to see jeff smoker whos from good ole central PA playing against them too.
Buzzards have to eat, same as worms.
kohlslaw5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kohlslaw5 »

if this is how bad penn state is, imagine how indiana feels, losing by 40-some to a crap-o team!
[marq=up]Image[/marq]

I am CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by foghorn »

I didn't think it could get any worse, but the game at MSU proved me wrong. The team absolutely reeked. I'm tired of hearing about bad coaching and Joe being over the hill and all that. If these guys had any guts at all they would have given MSU a game -- a MSU team, by the way, that's much worse than their 8-3 record. Except for about five players or so we've got a bunch of gutless babies who will go down in history not for their bad record but for being a bunch of gutless babies. I once played on a basketball team that was 1-20. We had zero talent, but teams still hated to play us because we played like maniacs. The current PSU squad should be ashamed of themselves. And Joe should leave -- not because he's lost it but because his players don't have a fraction of the heart and grit he does. Hell, he should run for governor -- he'd do 20 times better than the current fat oaf we have.

I'm so disgusted with Penn State right now that I can't think straight.
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."
-- John Wayne
collegeball
Freshman
Freshman

Post by collegeball »

most ppl ive talked to think joe should go but i dont. the reason they're not good this year is bc they r so young. most ppl dont realize that. i believe psu will kick butt next year
bison1
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by bison1 »

Well said leghorn, my feelings exactly. Saturday was disgusting. I'm glad their season is over, I can't take any more showings like that. I went up to the IU game and even though they won handily they didn't play well. They showed me they could catch the ball most times if there wasn't a defender anywhere near and they could make a tackle if the rb ran at them and fell over...that was it. I don't blame this on JoePa, he can do the job. He's shown that in the past. I blame it on the 11 guys on the field that don't want to be there. I still can't believe this season. Disgusting!
kohlslaw5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kohlslaw5 »

exactly!

joes getting older, but he has been forever. Last season he had a bowl team and was it joe's fault!?? th ecredit was given to the team.

this year the team is doing crappy, and instead of giving the credit to the team, joe is takng heat!

the man's been there 60 years, i think he has earned himself the decision of when or when not to go!
[marq=up]Image[/marq]

I am CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

yes the worst season in the schools 120 some odd years playing college football, i would definately have to say that it was terrible.
BillyWhiteShoesJohnson
Senior
Senior

Post by BillyWhiteShoesJohnson »

JoePa is only the coach there. He cant play the game for them. At some point the players have to take it on themselves and do they're dang job. Nothing makes me more sick than seeing a big time D-1 player continuosly miss blocks, or miss field goals (Gould has missed at least 5 FGs wide right inside of 40 yds) or drop passes, or miss tackles. My lord ur getting a free education and a shot at maybe the NFL to play football. You would think these guys would be able 2 do their job. It just goes back to our good friend foghorn leghorn, they dont have the desire it seems. I feel bad for JoePa, he built the freaking university basically and this is whats happenin 2 him :cry:
Small Feeet, Small Feeet!
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

I really think some of you guys are on something. Don't ever blame the players for a loss! Its the coaches job to prepare them to play well and win. To instill in them heart, guts, and pride for their team. Joe and his assisstants can't seem to do this anymore.

Joe is hanging on to the bitter end that it is very similar to J. Edgar Hoover running the FBI in his 70's when he shunned mandatory retirement and ran the bureau until he died.
"I'm your huckleberry"
voncap
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by voncap »

On this issue, my problem is the head man's unwillingness to bench some of these players that either don't play with any heart or aren't good enough to play at the Big Ten level.

Not playing the people who give you the best opportunity to win is the head man's fault. For one reason or another, over the last few years Joe has grown more and more reluctant or unable to make key personnel decisions.

I remember the days when he inserted guys like C. Warner, DJ Dozier, and S. Conlon and many others and they never left the line-up. MY point is, count how many different players have seen playing time this year. They must have used 25 - 30 different players on defense this year. Sorry no team is that deep. Offensively other than QB, TE, & FB there has been a revolving door at the positions. I have to believe this has to hurt the overall team's preparation.
The easiest thing to do in sports is hustle.