Plexico FRIEND or FOE?

The name says it all!
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

I remember that play, it was his rookie year and it was a catch down the middle of the field. I don't remember who they were playing, the result of the game or anything, but I do remember watching that and thinking, huh, rookie mistake...it made you kinda chuckle even though it was a stupid mistake.
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
CHShoops42
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CHShoops42 »

I'm a die hard Steelers fan and i love the team but plaxico has been sucking it up consistently. I'm gonna have to go with Chsguy shape up or ship the heck out... we dont have time for countless penalties. We can't lose anymore games, therefore every mistake is costly. Plax has to prove himself pretty quick or next season im all for trading him.
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

WE?! Wow we must have a Steelers player here under the name CHShoops42. Don't say we, you act like you have alot riding on the season and if they dont make the playoffs your not gonna live. Your just like everybody on here. Sure we all love to see them win and hate to see them lose. Why not put the blame on Maddox, his numbers have been way down(completions,td's, QB rating) but there is one number that seems to be on the rise(INT's). How many touchdowns has he given opponents on INT's run back? More than last year, I'll gurantee you that.

Plex, a drug addict, highly doubtful. Sure he is ghetto but how many times in his stay on the steelers club have you seen him flip out on any of the coaches, QB, other memebers of the team, or the media. He talks about getting wins, doesnt complain about getting beat, or not getting the ball. Comparing him to TO and Moss is way out of line. He has never acted like them and i hope he never does.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

WE....yeah WE is the term I'll use to....

Read any message board and you'll see WE as in WE the team, fans, organization, etc.

PLEX is comparable to those guys in my opinion. Well, I guess he isn't totally yet because he can't catch the ball when it hits his hands.

Sure I love having him on the team, but he needs to catch the football or WE aren't going to make the playoffs.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

Burress as of right now has 35 receptions for 517 yards.
Ward as of right now has 60 receptions but for only 717 yards.
Why is there only 200 yards difference between the two when Ward has 25 more receptions than him. Almost double the number of balls Burress has caught. Sure he has dropped balls, but i gurantee he hasnt droped 25 of em.

Get the ball to Plexico more and he will be more effective, but then Hines wont catch the ball as much and you will be voting him off the island next. :?
NbCwReStLeR007
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by NbCwReStLeR007 »

The YAC (Yards after catch) average for Plaxico is great.......but he is still dropping passes when they hit him in the hands......Personally, I say fire Buress and sign on Mike Barton...

Hines is diffinatly the best all around player on the steelers squad, and has possibly the best hands in the league.........If Maddox didnt have Hines he would pass the ball maybe 3 times a game.......pulling a saftey, a cornerback, and sometimes even an Outside Linbacker on Hines....is helping getting Plaxico open.....and when he is open......he drops the ball 40% of the time........
Panther Baseball #40
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Hines Ward has lots of catches because he is the slant man over the middle. Plex runs most of the fade routes and jump balls. Longer routes means you don't need as many catches to have bigtime yardage.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

Then explain to me how Torry Holt only has 6 more catches than Ward does and has almost 300 more yards recieving. Apparently he can catch the ball, both short and long. Having a player like him on the field is a very good asset. Since the Steelers dont have Torry Holt on the team they have to deal with it being in two recievers. Both Burress and Ward. Getting rid of Burress is not the answer to the Pittsburgh problem. Without Burress teams would stack the middle of the field and put double coverage on Ward so that he couldnt break free. With Burress teams have to prepare to defend the long ball. Leaving gaps and holes in the coverage that Ward is extremely good at finding. Without the combination of the two, the Steelers passing game would be non-existant. They work together and do a good job at it. Don't forget about both of the wideouts both haveing over 1,000 yards last year. The Steelers have one deep threat, and Burress is it. Get rid of him and alot more trouble down the road. Ill take a guy that can catch 60%(which he catches more than that)and poses a deep threat and keeps a D's secondary honest, than a whole squad of middle route runners. With out a deep threat, the middle is nothing but maddness for a Q to try to figure out.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

I agree that Plex helps much more than he hurts...BUT he has to start catching the ball. It seems like drops a TD pass every week, and Maddox made a perfect pass that he dropped yesterday.

bison1
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by bison1 »

WE look for consistancy. You watch the games ham, plexiglass constantly misses balls. I'm not talking about the ones misthrown, I mean balls that hit him square in the hands. When momentum starts rolling on a team that is 3-6, you can't have guys miss balls that hit them in the hands. Bench Plex or at least move him to 3rd WR and keep randle el in there. WE know he can run back punts and kick-offs but he hasn't had enough balls thrown his way to see how consistant he is at catching it. WE know he knows what to do with it once it's in his hands.