Plexico FRIEND or FOE?

The name says it all!
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

What do you mean SHUT UP. The man never speaks at all. Sure he talks during the game but what NFL player doesnt. This is a never ending battle, is he good or should he go. I am strongly out numbered by almost everybody here. But im still gonna stick by what I said. If he goes then the whole steelers offense is going down the tubes. Burress is much more of a valuable player than Hines Ward. If Ward would leave then the door for Randel El to come in and take over would be wide open. Burress leaves and absolutly no deep threat at all for the Steelers. I dont care how many balls he has dropped this year. Years past he has been one of the prolific pass catchers in the NFL and i think he still is. Even Jerry Rice went through his rough spots on rough teams. Give him time, he will come around and you all will one day be praising Burress and be rejoycing the fact that the steelers didnt let him get away. Don't like Stewart, now not Burress, is western pennsylvania full of only racists.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Burress is a bust! Trade him or cut him he's a bum. Trade up and draft Larry Fitzgerald!

Come to think of it I think that Antonio Bryant would have been a senior this year if he stayed at Pitt. Can you Imagne Bryant on one side and Larry on the Other?

Ward always has and always will be 10 times the player Burress will ever be!
"I'm your huckleberry"
bison1
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by bison1 »

Yea, we're racist because we think Ward is good and Plexiglass isn't??? Your posts make so much sense...

Ward goes...Pittsburgh loses every game, they don't exactly have the premier scrambling qb and the bus is slowly becoming a Model-T

Plexiglass goes...AMEN

I didn't like Stewart because he didn't have poise to sit in the pocket and deliver the ball. He'd always want to drop 7 steps back and look downfield for half a second...then scramble. Occasionally it worked but more often than not it didn't.

Wouldn't that be something if the Steelers picked up Fitz...:mrgreen: :santa:
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

It would be great if the Steelers could pick up Fitz. Then go ahead and do what you want to do with Burress. As long as the Steelers have a deep threat then the passing game will be successful. If the Steelers arent going to make the playoffs this year, let them lose the rest of the games so that they at least have a chance, but looking at the rest of the schedule and the way it sets up, i dont see this happening. So it looks like you all are stuck with Burress. Sorry.

Have the Steelers coaches and managers even said anything about being dissapointed in Burress yet this year. I haven't seen anything.

If it was so unsensable bison1 why dont you delete it, just like you have 20 other ones that you have seen as 'pointless' or 'dumb'. :?
BillyWhiteShoesJohnson
Senior
Senior

Post by BillyWhiteShoesJohnson »

no team is gonna take plaxico in a trade for a draft pick where they could take fitzgerald, u have shown that in ur posts. they only way the steelers could get fitzgerald is if they have top pick in the draft 2 years from now or whenever he comes out.

I think pepeiperson was closet w/ his analysis of the situation, and ham 2nd. They need 2 keep plaxico, he has shown flashes of what he can do. Pepe said plaxico needs 2 work in practice. He needs 2 catch about 100 balls every day in offseason and next year he should be better. Just make him work at it, he def. has the potential/talent to be a dominant receiver...
Small Feeet, Small Feeet!
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

Well holy cow, somebody finally half agrees with me. :D
NbCwReStLeR007
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by NbCwReStLeR007 »

How about a new reciever coach in Pittsburgh, Ward has shown he was great since well, forever......but Randel El and Buress both have big weak spots, I think a good coach could fix that, they both have size and speed. I think a few teams would give up Fitz for Plaxico. Plaxico showed he can do it vs. "Professional CB's and Safties." Fitz proved he can do it in the college level, but could he compete in the pro's? I don't know, Fitz is definatly the smarter player out of the two! But I will let people with authority call the calls, as of now i'm just a bleachercoach! lol
BillyWhiteShoesJohnson
Senior
Senior

Post by BillyWhiteShoesJohnson »

C'mon, no one is givin up a shot a Fitzgerald for Burrhead, unless fitzgerald gets hurt and burrhead improves a lot.
Small Feeet, Small Feeet!
bison1
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by bison1 »

I'd take a legless Fitz over Plexiglass...atleast he could roll himself out there and when the ball hits him in the hands, he'll catch it!
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

Tell me how many balls Plax dropped on Monday night against the 49ers. Not any that i can remember. But i do remember Burress running downfield and Maddox overthrowing him on several occasions. The problem is not Burress, its a combination of the terrible offensive line and maddox often times missing the open man.