NL MVP

The name says it all!
theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

NL MVP

Post by theoneandonly »

Barry Bonds once again won the NL MVP... the 6th of his career and 3rd consecutive. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure those are both records. This season he did it at age 39 while dealing with the death of his father... pretty impressive
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

it is unreal how someone can put up those kinds of numbers at such an age...bonds is at times compared to his godfather, willie mays...mays was definitely a better player in his younger days, but bonds is a MUCH better player at an older age than mays ways...

anyone else think bonds may be the best player of all time???
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

He could most definitely be the best player of all time...home run record, the bases that he stole earlier in his career, he ranks right up there with them. I wonder if this was his last year? I read in ESPN the magazine a while back that he couldn't take it anymore, most of that coming from the death of his father. Think he'll hang it up ??
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theoneandonly »

I think he should hang it up when he feels that he can no longer dominate the game like he does now. Go out on top. Don't hang around for years when you aren't being as competitive as you were in your prime.
Senior
Senior

Post by 4 »

I'd definitely say Bonds is one of the best players of all-time. From pitchers constantly pitching around him and teams putting on the huge shift hoping Bonds will pull the ball! How many other players throughout history have gotten that kind of respect? And he keeps getting better every year....I'd just like to see him win a ring!
Swimming and Women ruin a ballplayer....
deliverance
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deliverance »

i dont think barry will retire...i actually think he'll stick it out for a few more years...unless he really feels that he doesnt enjoy the game anymore...because the numbers he is putting up at this age is incredible
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

Barring something injury wise Barry will break Hank Arrons home run record. This guy EVEN though I dont like him IS a stud player. WOW he used to play for the Pirates
foghorn
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by foghorn »

I'll never warm to Bonds despite his prodigious talent until it's proven he's not 'roided up. That's a negative way of looking at things, I know, but the guy has been such a jerk he hardly deserves a benefit of a doubt. Pee clean in that cup all next year, Barry, and still hit 50 homers and slug 800, and then I'll even buy a shirt with your number on it. ( I threw away my first Buc/Bonds shirt not because he tanked during the playoffs but because he was such a pain to Jim Leyland -- who in my opinion was the most talented manager the Pirates ever had.)
"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much."
-- John Wayne
Dep
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dep »

Bonds is super, what can I say.
Derabasse
Senior
Senior

Post by Derabasse »

I would like to say Bonds is the greatest player ever because of what he has done. But I can't say it until he proves he isnt juicing. It seems more and more likely he is when they keep finding more stuff in his trainers home(like the steroids they found the other day). If he proves he did all of that without roids then I would definately say he is the best ever. Until then Mays still gets my vote, although Ruth was amazing, he could hit and was a heck of a pitcher too.
"DERABASSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" - CPA