Weirdest thing you've ever seen while playing baseball

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
snatchity6
Freshman
Freshman

Weirdest thing you've ever seen while playing baseball

Post by snatchity6 »

What would you say is the weirdest thing you have ever seen while playing baseball?
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.
snatchity6
Freshman
Freshman

Post by snatchity6 »

the weirdest thing i ever saw was last year against johnstown i think....after a kid made contact with the ball...the bat broke into 3 pieces....the handle stayed in the kids hand...and the meat of the bat snapped off at the handle and split into two pieces and went flying down towards 3rd base....how often do you see a bat shatter in high school ball...its a commen thing in the pros...but they're using wood...and were using aluminum
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.
Senior
Senior

Post by 4 »

In the Keystone State Games this past summer I also saw a metal bat break. The bat split right down the middle parallel with the bat and there was a huge crack in it. Another weird happening was when Randy Johnson hit a bird with a pitch. That was hilarious.
Swimming and Women ruin a ballplayer....
BillyWhiteShoesJohnson
Senior
Senior

Post by BillyWhiteShoesJohnson »

I was umping a little league game once and the left center fielder apparently had to take a leak, so he just turned around dropped his pants 2 his ankles and let it go.
Small Feeet, Small Feeet!
captain dean
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by captain dean »

what happened to that bird would give you an idea of what would happen to your head without a helmet.

Probably the weirdest thing was finding myself sitting on the ground and the outfield fence moving back and forth after i let go of a pitch. In 9th grade i had a line drive hit me in the head and give me a nice concussion.

This wasnt so weird but it was definately something to see. I was watching my uncle pitch in a city league in new jersey and there was a high shot hit to deep center. The center fielder was gonna be burned. He turned and ran straight back at full speed and dove but hit the chainlink fence face first. I wont go into detail but it was the nastiest thing you've ever seen.
Buzzards have to eat, same as worms.
Kensinger12
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Kensinger12 »

By far the craziest thing that i've ever seen on a baseball field was at the Cambria Heights JV tourny 2 years ago. Some kid hit a little pop up above the pitchers mound and out of nowhere a bird comes flying by and flys right into the ball. The bird came spiraling to the ground and the ball fell down by the shortstop. You had to be there to see it, but it was def. crazy.
snatchity6
Freshman
Freshman

Post by snatchity6 »

yes that was pretty crazy
captain dean
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by captain dean »

In little league i was playing shortstop and our pitcher was throwing against the biggest hitter in our league. He drilled a shot straight back off the pitchers coconuts. He was wearing a cup but it still got him good. He had to lay on the mound and do all these breathing exercises till he was able to get off the field.
captain dean
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by captain dean »

ok something other than a gross story. This was pretty funny. When i was down at clemson this past summer i was in the club house watching video with one of their pitchers and he started telling me about another clemson pitcher that was there. He wasnt a real big guy and was pretty quiet even though he was their closer. When he would get the call to come into the game, he would throw his last pitch and stand on the rubber and take the catchers throw back off his chest and then run on the field. I guess it was his way of getting fired up but this guy had a few screws loose for sure.
NbCwReStLeR007
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by NbCwReStLeR007 »

When I was in little league a kid from Galitzen hit a hard shot down the 3rd base line and when realizing he was already going to be out, he kept the bat with him......when our 3rd baseman over threw the first baseman he took a full swing with the bat and let it fly, right back towards me and the ump......hitting me really hard in the stomach and scarring the ump so bad he screamed like a 5th grade girl.......the kid was ejected around the 3rd inning and later entered, this caused a big controversy..

Ahh, the great days of Little League..