Hornet Softball

Ladies of the Diamond
MizRite
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Hornet Softball

Post by MizRite »

Just wanted to see some opinions on how yaz think Hyndman will do this season.
When someone tells me there is only one way to do things, it always lights a fire under my butt. My instant reaction is, I'm gonna prove you wrong!
-Picabo Street
KILLER_BEE
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KILLER_BEE »

if they play like they did in the summer league,they could be the team to beat this year they should be very strong this year :D
killer_bee
CuteSoftbllChick
Junior
Junior

Post by CuteSoftbllChick »

I agree with Killer_Bee i think Hyndman will be a strong team this year. Every year they impress me with there skills its always a great game.
MizRite
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by MizRite »

I think you's are correct, Hyndman has some good players who still have a few years to come...so i think they will be good for a few years yet. I know they came home with the 1st place trophy's in the osterburg torny.
When someone tells me there is only one way to do things, it always lights a fire under my butt. My instant reaction is, I'm gonna prove you wrong!
-Picabo Street
KILLER_BEE
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KILLER_BEE »

they should be strong the next few years,that summer team they had was as good as team i have seen for a long time,good hitting skills,as well as very good pitching.
killer_bee
MizRite
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by MizRite »

yep your correct killer_bee, im seein everyone thinks Bedford will be so grand, not sayin they wont be...But I saw the Hornet game against them (although this was the summer games) and the hornets were tough as ever against them even with their pitcher Gert, They came out on top!
-Picabo Street
KILLER_BEE
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KILLER_BEE »

hyndmans D is very good if the girls are put in the right positions.this will win games for them.
killer_bee
fastpitcher
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fastpitcher »

Well in fastpitch softball the name of the game is PITCHING. Does Hyndman have a skilled pitcher? She certainly doesn't have to fire the ball at 60mph (which is unlikely in high school anyway, especially in PA), but she should have control of her pitches and be able to throw at least 3 different pitches. Now, with all that said... a pitcher can't do it all herself. Hitting in the area has been tremendous over the last 3-4 seasons. A pitcher is going to give up hits. Defense wins ball games!!!
KILLER_BEE
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KILLER_BEE »

I THINK I SAID HYNDMANS D,,,, IS WHAT WILL BE VERY STRONG,AND THE PITCHING SURE WAS GOOD IN THE SUMMER,AND THE SAME GIRLS WILL BE PLAYING.SOOOOOOOO LETS JUST SEE.WHEN THE TIME COMES.
killer_bee
fastpitcher
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fastpitcher »

About Hyndman's "d" you said, "...if the girls are put in the right positions." Well that doesn't say too much. How can a defense be strong if girls are not comfortable playing the position they are in? Further, if there is a chance that the girls on the team will not be playing their favored position (if, let's say, one girl is a natural outfielder but has to play SS or 3B to fill in a void) then many errors, physical & mental, are likely. This doesn't equate a strong team.